Associate Director, Project Management
Full-Time# of Openings:
Alumni Relations and Development
Princeton UniversityOverviewPrinceton University Advancement
works to inform, inspire, and involve Princeton’s global community of alumni, parents, and friends in ways that enable the University to fulfill its mission of advancing learning through scholarship, research, and teaching to serve humanity. We’re seeking an Associate Director, Project Management,
who is an experienced creative services producer and is adept at managing many simultaneous communications projects and client relationships with Advancement project partners, University partners, and alumni. In this new position, you will develop detailed project schedules and creative briefs for Advancement Communications projects, tracking project status and serving as an energetic communication hub for the overall project effort, always inspiring the team to produce the smartest and most creative solutions—on time and on-message. You will also serve as primary liaison between the Advancement Communications team members and with Advancement project partners (clients), ensuring the creative goals, voice/ tone guidelines, and milestones for the project are met. Responsibilities
The position has a particular focus on engagement and fundraising campaign communications and is charged with ensuring the successful production of a high volume of creative, well-crafted material under tight deadlines that meets strategic communications objectives. Key Responsibilities:
Organize project kick-off meetings to inform project teams of project goals, creative brief, and deadlinesCreate detailed project schedules with key milestones for deliverables; clear communication of those timelines to team membersTranslate project partner/client communications goals to team through creation of comprehensive creative briefs in alignment with campaign and Advancement goals Track project status and serve as communication hub for overall project effortManage workflow and work with team members to update project status through our project management systemServe as primary contact with clients/project partners from other units within Advancement as well as University partners, ascertaining communications goals congruent with Advancement business goals
Please submit a cover letter with your application; finalists for the position will be asked to provide examples of previous work.QualificationsEssential Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related experience, preferably in an agency, internal creative services team, or nonprofit organization.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and active listening skills, attention to detail, and ability to take feedback.
- Strong interpersonal skills when communicating with individuals and groups
- An ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, campus partners, and alumni and donors.
- Demonstrated ability regarding project documentation, such as project timelines and creative briefs
- A confident project leader and team player, with the ability to get the best out of the people they collaborate with and the projects they oversee.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW