: Institutional ResearchLocations:
: Boston, MAPosted:
: Jul 20, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: NUPPosition ID:
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Institutional Research and Assessment, the Senior Data Analyst in the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment will support a variety of department activities that sustain a culture of evidence at Bunker Hill Community College for administrative, student services, and academic departments. These activities range from the production of key analyses and reports for College-wide use to qualitative and quantitative research projects for strategic planning, external reporting, and institutional effectiveness on campus. The Senior Data Analyst will have a broad understanding of the important issues that currently exist in higher education including student success metrics and assessment and institutional assessment. The Senior Data Analyst will serve as a primary support towards the continued refinement of predictive analytics and the integration of development of data visualization platforms to support strategic decision-making and campus data literacy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, conducts research and evaluation studies related to student success and institutional effectiveness.
- Collaborates with campus stakeholders on a range of internal, grant-funded, and community-based initiative.
- Supports the completion of a range of local, state, regional, and grant-related reporting.
- Works closely with the Assistant Dean to prepare mandatory state and federal reports
- Supports the management of departmental ad-hoc data requests from internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops and implements data dashboards around metrics of institutional success.
- Provides training to end-users on ZogoTech, the College's data warehouse and reporting tool.
- Supports the development and implementation of predictive analytics models to inform campus strategy.
- Assists with the project management and training of graduate assistants.
- Represents the Office of Institutional Effectiveness on various College-wide committees and projects, and in local, regional, and national affiliations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in quantitative and qualitative research - (e.g. Sociology, Psychology, Data Analytics...) or equivalent experience. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum five years in institutional research, evaluation research project management, or assessment functions with demonstrated ability in research design and methodology, data collection and dataset creation, appropriate analysis, and reporting.
- Advanced skill using Microsoft SQL Server for querying data, SPSS for data analysis and software applications such as Excel and PowerPoint to interpret and present information is required; knowledge or experience using various relational databases (e.g. Colleague, Access) a plus.
- Significant experience and skill gathering, editing, analyzing, and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data.
- Familiarity with predictive models (with Rapid Insight or a similar predictive analytics tool.)
- Familiarity developing data dashboards (with Tableau or a similar BI tool.)
- Demonstrated experience and skill compiling datasets, preparing reports and presenting findings and recommendations clearly and diplomatically, and in a variety of formats.
- Strong critical thinking skills, including demonstrated ability to approach problems objectively, develop innovative analyses and solutions, draw conclusions, and develop recommendations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to present complex information and concepts effectively to a broad constituency with a wide range of data sophistication.
Salary Range: $80,000.00-$90,000.00
Effective Date: Open until filled
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE