Job no: 494085
Work type: Staff Full-time
Butler University is seeking a highly motivated administrative support professional with a "can-do" attitude to support the Office of Community Engagement and its and the Advancement Division of the University.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage day-to-day operations of the Office of Community Engagement. Duties include, but are not limited to: answering main phone line, processing mail and mailings to alumni and community members, monitoring multiple departmental email accounts, providing customer service support for general alumni and community inquiries both in-person, on-line and over the phone M-F, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., at times with little or no supervision.
• Organize and manage administrative activity for Alumni and Community Programs’ events throughout the season including Homecoming. This includes but is not limited to: creating nametags, providing registration lists, organizing and shipping supplies for events, and ensuring coding of events in alumni database.
• Provide organizational support for the Butler University Alumni Association Board of Directors, 50th anniversary reunion committee, Young Alumni Board, BUSF, BUAA Chapters and other volunteer leadership groups (helping coordinate meetings, maintain rosters & records, record meeting minutes, disseminate materials etc.) via USPS and on-line platforms.
• Assist Director and staff with entering contact reports, facilitate follow-up and additional correspondence as needed to internal and external constituents.
• Facilitate and record alumni and community program master calendar for internal and external University constituents.
• High school diploma (or its equivalent) required; bachelor’s degree preferred
• A minimum of three years of experience in administrative support; experience in non-profit sector, higher education or fundraising is preferred; education/experience equivalents considered
• Possess a “can-do” attitude and proactively anticipate needs of staff
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries of a sensitive and confidential nature from donors, faculty, staff, and other University constituents
• Ability to conduct research, assemble, and analyze data to prepare documents and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to manage and prioritize projects effectively while meeting critical time demands
• Demonstrated pattern of flexibility, ability to manage multiple projects and willingness to take on new challenges
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to edit documents and independently compose correspondence
• Professional in appearance, demeanor, and decision-making
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends if needed
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite especially Outlook, Word, and Excel; must be able to manipulate data, create graphs and tables plus perform complicated mail merges
• Special consideration will given to candidates with experience and knowledge with:
o creating and executing online forms and surveys via Survey Monkey
o creating e-newsletters, RSVP forms, and data manipulation in iModules
o utilizing fundraising and event databases (Advance, Blackbaud, SalesForce, Tableau, etc.)
• An understanding of higher education and/or non-profit businesses preferred
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Advertised: July 19, 2021
Applications close: September 30, 2021