Job no: 494071
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Building & Maintenance Services
Under general direction, the Assistant Supervisor assists in directing and coordinating the day-to-day activities of Facilities Services’ Grounds Service Crew. These activities include assisting in supervising employees, managing and developing an operational budget, scheduling and planning work, conducting inspections to assure quality of work, using appropriate computer systems, and effectively communicating with customers as well as Facilities Services’ staff. Assumes main supervisory duties when Manager is absent
- Ensures that the University grounds are attractive and well-kept.
- Assist managing the care and maintenance of grounds, athletic fields, campus landscape and horticultural features, snow removal and labor crew.
- Provides for a safe campus environment by the removal of snow, ice, leaves, fallen branches, other weather-generated debris, and trash from all University grounds.
- Trains grounds personnel, or oversees training, on how to properly perform grounds services, including operation of equipment, safe use of chemicals, and customer interface and encourages the exercise of initiative by fostering pride in maintaining the campus to the highest departmental standards.
- Respond to emergency calls at any hour of the day and work long or irregular periods when needed.
- Operate grounds maintenance equipment in a proper and safe manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Tree trimming and the maintenance of athletic fields.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Knowledge and understanding of modern grounds maintenance management techniques required.
- Demonstrated understanding of landscaping and horticulture required.
- Knowledge and understanding of operation and maintenance of grounds care equipment required.
- Customer service orientation required.
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality work at a fast pace and handle multiple tasks concurrently with excellent follow-up required.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Advertised: July 20, 2021
Applications close: October 20, 2021