: Enrollment ManagementLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Jul 20, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 47577Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Staff Associate (SL-4)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Director of Strategic Enrollment Analysis will report to the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and Enrollment Management and will work closely with the senior leadership team in Enrollment Management, as well as with other units across the University.
The Director of Strategic Enrollment Analysis will:
- Participate in the team that provides overall direction for the development of data-driven decision-making strategies in all areas of Binghamton University's enrollment management initiatives
- Provide analytical guidance for strategy, policy and program development
- Communicate the implications of complex data to a variety of audiences
- Develop, in collaboration with colleagues within Enrollment Management and other units as appropriate, sophisticated and innovative predictive models and research methods
- Develop data dashboards and reports to support unit-wide initiatives and requirements
- Participate as a member of the leadership team in Enrollment Management
- Work with units across Enrollment Management and other units as needed to ensure data consistency
- Master's degree in Statistical Analysis, Social Science, or related field
- 5 plus years of data analysis experience, preferably in higher education areas
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, recognize patterns and provide informed reports for decision-making
- Advanced analytical, quantitative and qualitative research skills
- 5 plus years working with Banner or PeopleSoft data
- 5 plus years working with SAS, SPSS, STATA, or other sophisticated analytical packages or programs
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects while maintaining high attention to data consistency and accuracy
- Experience in data analysis related to Enrollment Management (e.g. Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Records, Student Success)
- Experience leading teams and supervising staff
- Advanced knowledge of data visualization presentations in software such as SAS Visual Analytics or Tableau
- Experience on a leadership team in Enrollment Analysis or Institutional Research
- Proficiency with SAS
- Proficiency in writing SQL code
- Experience in qualitative methods
- Curiosity, creativity and willingness to help drive innovation as part of a dynamic, results-focused enrollment management organization
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: 08/04/2021
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.