: Administrative / StaffDepartment:
: 01-50-5088-PA DeptLocations:
: East Longmeadow, MAPosted:
: Jul 20, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-Time Hourly (Non-Exempt)Position ID:
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student...to start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and three satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: PCPA
- Job Type: Full-time, 37.5 hours/week
- Standard Hours: M-F, 7:30 - 4, occasional nights and weekends
- Job Location: East Longmeadow, MA
- Exempt: No
JOB SUMMARY: In conjunction with the PA Program Director, provides the administrative infrastructure and oversight of program operations. Handles a wide variety of tasks in a busy service-oriented atmosphere; established priorities utilizing excellent organizational ability and interpersonal skills. Coordinates program data collection in compliance with the ARC-PA. Provides administrative support to the program faculty and students.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Schedule and attend regular department meetings.
- Take and distribute meeting minutes.
- Complete hire paperwork, track and support adjunct faculty- including orientation and appointments.
- Prepare and assist with handbooks, catalogs and program reports.
- Create and manage program correspondence, graduate certificates.
- Make room reservations, receive telephone calls, and email communications, take and deliver messages.
- Receive, transmit and disseminate mail, including confidential information.
- Create email correspondence to faculty, administration and graduate students.
- Photocopy confidential documents and exams for faculty, as needed
- Collect and organize syllabi for PA Program.
- Support Admissions process, correspondence and interviews.
- Support Clinical Team with preceptor communication, clinical management systems, and data collection and dissemination.
- Coordinate exam proctors or assist in proctoring when needed.
- Cover building phone when needed.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records.
- Coordinate event planning for all program events (Interview Day, Orientation, White Coat, Graduation, Grand Rounds, retreats, conferences, and special events).
- Research and understand university and program data systems.
- Responsible for lab inventory and ordering in conjunction with core faculty.
- Responsible for office inventory of supplies.
- Understand office equipment and coordinate repairs.
- Ability to use discretion and diplomacy when handling sensitive and confidential information and matters.
- Knowledge and understanding of budgets, work in conjunction with Program Director on Program Budget.
- Manage program contracts, vendors, purchasing, payroll.
- Process purchase orders, expense and travel vouchers, supply requests and organizational memberships.
- Assist with the management of ARC- PA documents and portal.
- Participate in ongoing program evaluation and assist with periodic program data collection and analysis for programmatic, accreditation or grant reporting.
- Assist Director of Didactic Education with scheduling and lecturer correspondence and communication.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Assist with campus events as needed.
- Participate in university wide committees or task forces as directed by administration.
- Serve as an ambassador for the PA Program through participation in service activities of the University and PA Program.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned by the University
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Minimum of five years' experience as an office manager, administrative assistant or higher level support position.
- Ability to work with confidential material with integrity and discretion.
- Ability to relate well to external constituencies, including but not limited to, advisory board members, medical agencies, adjunct faculty, nonprofit and other community leaders.
- Experience working with department budgets, purchasing process, vendors, contracts.
- High level of initiative, organizational skills.
- Detail orientated
- Able to handle frequent interruptions.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of programs and data management software is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities and adhere to deadlines.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, equity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPAA guidelines.
- All new employees must complete the FERPA, Anti-Harassment, and any other required online trainings within 15 days of employment.
- Must adhere to University COVID-19 testing, symptom tracking and all other COVID protocols established by the University.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role of this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (3) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University is a smoke and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at [email protected] or call 413-565-1168.