Job location: Pasadena, CA Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R0006382 Job Description:
The Transfer Credit Specialist performs specialized daily evaluations providing admissions counselors/academic advisors and students with accurate and current information regarding the use of courses taken at other colleges and universities for the program of study the student is pursuing at the Pacific Oaks. The Transfer Credit Specialist will create efficiencies and maintain consistency in processes. This position creates and completes transfer credit evaluations for students and may partner with academic departments for non-traditional credit review.
The Transfer Credit Specialist serves as the main point of contact for students with their transfer credit and Prior Learning Assessment questions and needs. The Transfer Credit Specialist ensures that all contingency requirements are completed through outreach with the student and working in conjunction with faculty and student advisors.
This position is located in Pasadena and reports directly to the Associate Registrar.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Posts all Transfer Credit and Prior Learning Assessment credit in CampusVue by the deadlines of the institution and meets accuracy benchmarks as set forth by the department.
- Reviews all transcripts submitted from student, working to ensure that a transfer credit worksheet is created following all written policy and procedures.
- Able to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Collaborate with advising and academic departments for process improvements to the transfer credit evaluation process
- Meet all deadlines regarding transfer credit evaluation and posting
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to interpret and apply guidelines, policies, procedures, and rules using sound judgment
- Aptitude to gathering, assembling, correlating, and analyzing data to formulate solutions to problems in collaboration with staff and faculty
- Knowledge of higher education academic and admissions policies and procedures
- Develops procedures and processes to evaluate transfer credit for applicants to programs with special transfer policies
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with Operations, Admissions and other departments both internally and externally (affiliates)
- Knowledge of CampusVue and Image Now required. FERPA and Accreditation knowledge and experience required.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities
- Works with integrity and ethically, upholding organizational values by maintaining compliance with external standards, internal policies, and accuracy benchmarks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and ability to work under strict time constraints
- Knowledge of Transfer Equivalency System and College Source preferred
- Knowledge of Prior Learning Assessment Evaluation preferred
- Knowledge of VA and Military Program Assistance preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite skills required
- Minimum of 6 month's experience in a higher education setting preferred
- One to three years of experience in Academic Evaluation or Student Services
- Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL) certification preferred but not required
- Knowledge of AACRO and CAEL preferred but not required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including some evenings and/or weekends
- Some travel within the Greater LA area and Northern California may be required
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.