Process Excellence Manager
Stanford University is seeking a Process Improvement Specialist 2 to lead and support moderately complex process improvement/innovation projects spanning multiple departments or within a school or unit, support the planning and implementation of single to medium sized programs in the function, and regularly interface with senior management and department leadership.Duties include:
* - Other duties may also be assigned.DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Assess processes to determine how to reduce rework, improve quality, improve efficiency, increase revenue and/or improve the ability to deliver desired services or outputs.
- Structure the project approach and determine process improvement tools to be used for maximizing the net improvement in targeted business processes.
- Advise in analysis of operational intelligence metrics by defining and identifying key measures and performance metric targets and assisting in development of complex cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed changes.
- Provide input to project approach and execute portions of the project with limited or no direction.
- Provide hands-on team facilitation, coaching, mentoring and/or training, and process improvement subject matter expertise to business partners.
- Challenge current working practices; identify process improvement opportunities and facilitate goal setting using customer feedback, analysis, and other systems.
The success of our program is based on building strong, trusting relationships with our clients. We seek to truly understand our client's unique needs and challenges and then deliver targeted services that help them achieve extraordinary operational results. Our program's mission is to create a team-based culture of continuous improvement at the School of Medicine for the administrative staff, but we do this from the ground up, team by team, with attention and care placed on their unique circumstances.
We're looking for a person that has the empathy and social acumen to build and sustain relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an organization, the curiosity and determination to help clients persist in finding the true causes of their operational challenges, and the humility and patience to deal with the many challenges that arise during the change process.
While our frameworks and services can be taught, this person should have a demonstrated history in solving problems in complex social situations, building and sustaining close partnerships with customers, learning technical skills quickly, and thriving without significant oversight.
This position can be fully remote. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Business, or other related field and 5 years of progressively responsible, relevant process improvement experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Solid working knowledge and experience using and applying process improvement best practices /techniques, Lean Six Sigma, and project management skills in a structured project environment.
- Demonstrated experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Ability to work with little or no direction in environments resistant to change or unable to change quickly.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate and present appropriately at all levels of the organization through written and verbal methods.
- Demonstrated ability to Influence change/innovation initiatives at all levels.
- Ability to work across multiple, distributed, silo'd, functional groups.
- Strong enterprise-wide vision, seeing the big picture, recognizing critical details, and dealing with ambiguity.
- Understanding organization operations and culture and the related functional capabilities of implemented enterprise applications (custom and off-the-shelf).
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and software applications involving dynamic models and process flows.
- Proven ability to effectively facilitate a training session, one on one, or with a group.
- Preferred Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt or other recognized change/process certification.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, use a telephone, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 20 lbs., write by hand.
- Rarely reach or work above shoulders, kneel/crawl, climb, twist, bend, stoop, and squat, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork, operate foot and or hand controls, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 21 to 40 lbs.
- Travel locally, around/between campuses.
- Occasionally work evenings/weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency