Number of Vacancies:
College of Sciences
Scope of Job:
Under the leadership of the Dean, leads the operations and strategic planning of the College as it relates to budget planning, fiscal and resource planning/administration, human resource utilization, policy administration, and coordination of activities with other entities.
Description of Duties:
• Provides strategic leadership, oversight and management over all aspects of the day-to-day administration of the College; oversees the three main areas of administrative operations at the college: financial, operations and grants; works in close collaboration with individual leadership to implement strategic and operational plans. Participates in strategic planning to ensure that the developed goals align with the College’s and organization’s goals and contribute toward cost containment and maximizing research productivity.
• Manages administrative matters related to the development of new and existing programs; conducts ongoing analyses of operational functioning within the department, develops and implements new or amended procedures as needed; oversees the development of quantitative metrics to measure the financial and operational impact of decisions and actions; oversees all office and research space assignments and prioritization of capital requests, including equipment and space renovations.
• Advises the department and institution on fiscal matters; ensures fiscal control through a reliable system of expenditure and revenue management; provides support to leadership in managing and monitoring individual financial management issues; monitors budget and fiscal performance, recommending corrective action where appropriate; prepares and analyzes financial reports; sets up and monitors appropriate internal control practices; provides accurate up-to-date financial information to Dean and/or departmental leadership to support the successful financial management of the College.
• Oversees and coordinates departmental human resource activities including, but not limited to, recruitment, interviewing, selection, visa management, salary analysis and sourcing, disciplinary actions, leave administration, employee development, and performance evaluations of classified staff, faculty, trainees, and postdocs.
• Creates and develops business plans and models and proposes changes associated with funding lines, departmental research and educational activities, and faculty compensation where appropriate; helps to educate department leadership in management and strategic planning for research and educational programs; facilitates partnerships and strategic alliances for research expansion and engagement with the community.
• Oversees and coordinates the administration of the research enterprise within the department; oversees grant administration management, supports the preparation of major research proposals from a financial and administrative perspective.
• Oversees the administrative component of the promotion and tenure and faculty appointment process and ensures the department is following the appropriate policies.
• Develops programs and standards of performance to continually measure and evaluate safety, service and quality improvement; monitors standards through the implementation of training, allocation of resources and application of corrective actions as necessary.
• Provides administrative direction to the educational programs of the department under the direction of the Dean; supervises appropriate staff and provides coordination and oversight of educational functions.
• Provides administrative direction to the research support of the department; in collaboration with the Dean, ensures compliance with institutional guidelines and state and federal laws.
• Represents the Dean in his or her absence on administrative and fiscal matters.
• Consistently attends meetings and has an institutional minded view when representing the department on administrative and financial issues. Establishes and maintains working relationships with organizational peers, serves on committees, ensures that department responds to institutional requests and completes projects in a timely fashion.
• Sets a tone of “service excellence” for the department and is collaborative in nature focusing on data-based decision-making.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of financial, operations and grants managers, as well as other assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited university.
MBA or similar.
Six (6) years of directly related experience, including supervisory experience.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley. Work is performed primarily in a general office environment across the Rio Grande Valley.
Demonstrated ability in team building and management skills. Demonstrated leadership qualities. Strong financial and analytical skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple, complex issues. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to take ownership in solving problems effectively, efficiently, and to the satisfaction of customers, or managers. Ability to show initiative in addressing areas of concern before they become problems.
Commensurate with Experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following: Date of Birth
Social Security Number Gender
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/29178
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency