Computing Support Analyst 1
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford University is seeking a Computing Support Analyst 1 to be under direct supervision, provide technical support to end-users for computer hardware, software, and network related problems. Duties include:
* - Other duties may also be assigned DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Provide first line of response to requests for various hardware, software, peripheral, and networking technical assistance. Provide remote problem resolution when possible.
- Provide Web Development support
- Resolve basic end-user problems, escalate as appropriate.
- Install, upgrade, configure, and troubleshoot computing and communication devices and peripherals.
- Perform, schedule, and monitor system alerts, work queues, backups, and recovery activities.
- Update daily status reports and shift handover reports if applicable.
- Apply security best practices.
- Gather and record asset inventory and software license information.
- Ensure users are assigned appropriate resources.
4 Year Degree majoring in IT, Experience in Application Development.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Experience with various operating systems and computing devices. Experience installing and configuring desktop computer systems in a networked computing environment, and in applying diagnostic techniques for problem troubleshooting.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide excellent client service.
- Ability to apply diagnostic techniques for problem troubleshooting.
- Ability to apply information technology best practices, including security (this includes information security or physical security, such as asset management) to problem resolution and troubleshooting.
None PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, bending, lifting, standing, and carrying equipment.
- Occasionally lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 21-40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, grasp forcefully.
- Will need to go into animal rooms to support computing devices in those rooms.
- Valid CA. Drivers Lic. is required to drive between DCM facilities.
- May require extended hours and weekends, on-call rotation.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency