Food Service Worker III- Server (6 months Fixed Term)
Residential & Dining Enterprises, Stanford, California, United States
This position is represented by SEIU Local 2007 and the collective bargaining agreement between the university and SEIU Local 2007 governs the terms and conditions of employment.Anticipated Shift:
The anticipated shift is based on the operational needs and can change at any time with noticeTuesday- Saturday 12:00 PM- 8:30 PM Monday- Friday 12:30 PM- 9:00 PM but will vary depending on eventsABOUT STANFORD UNIVERSITY AND RESIDENTIAL & DINING ENTERPRISES:
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Residential & Dining Enterprises (R&DE), the largest auxiliary organization at Stanford University, supports the academic mission of the University by providing the highest quality services to students and other members of the university community in a sustainable and fiscally responsible manner. R&DE comprises 800+ staff in the following divisions: Office of the Senior Associate Vice Provost, Student Housing Operations, Stanford Dining, Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries, Stanford Conferences, and a team of four R&DE strategic business partners: Finance & Administration including Information Technology, Human Resources, Strategic Communications, and Maintenance Operations & Capital Projects. R&DE houses 13,000+ students and their dependents while serving over 6.5 million meals annually to students, conference, catering, retail, and concession guests.ABOUT STANFORD HOSPITALITY & AUXILIARIES:
Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries, a division within R&DE at Stanford University is committed to excellence and the highest level of customer service. It is recognized nationally for operating at “the cutting edge” of the industry receiving exceptional service ratings and numerous awards, including the Restaurant & Institutions Magazine Ivy Award for excellence in food service and hospitality. The Ivy Award is one of the industry's most prestigious and coveted awards, given to those operations that meet the highest standards of food, hospitality and service. With R&DE's vision “to be the best in the business” Stanford Hospitality and Auxiliaries is a Certified Green Business practicing sustainability in its purchasing and using equipment and processes that reduce solid waste and preserve natural resources. The highest Acterra Sustainability Award was received in 2006, in recognition of these initiatives.I. Summary of Position
The Banquet Server provides excellent customer service and a fine dining experience, using established protocols of food and beverage etiquette and service standards cultivating positive customer service relations. The position is expected to adhere to customer service relations standards, work rules, departmental policies and procedures and performance standards. The Banquet Server provides an excellent customer service and fine dining experience, using established protocols of food and beverage etiquette and service standards, and to consistently offer professional, friendly and warm hospitality to all guests.II. Essential Job Functions
- Provide an excellent dining experience for guests, using interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, and anticipation of guest needs.
- Provide a fine dining food and beverage service, using established protocols of food and beverage etiquette and service standards.
- Ability to set-up and break down large function dinner services and elaborate themed dinner programs, complete with food and beverage settings and linen, both on and off-site.
- Assists customers with specific dietary restrictions, and answer questions regarding food ingredients.
- Complies with workplace safety, safe food handling and sanitation standards.
- Follows RDE work rules, policies, procedures, and core values.
- Polishes silverware, stemware and plate-ware as needed to ensure the table settings are impeccable.
- Works with food runners to ensure proper guest satisfaction.
- Crumbs table as necessary
- Follows Cardinal Cafe standard uniform policy and projects a professional image.
- Demonstrate respectful and professional behavior by maintaining a positive work environment and interactions with co-workers, management, customers and visitors.
- Supports other Hospitality and Auxiliaries units as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
IV. Physical RequirementsGENERAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a minimum of two (2) year fine dining or catering experience within the last two (2) years.
- Must be willing to work a flexible and varied schedule as assigned.
- Has outstanding listening and communication skills with guests, peers and management.
- Understanding of Silver Service expectations and Principals
- Committed to providing excellent customer service to all customers.
- Able to plan ahead, prioritizing tasks and customer service needs.
- Proven track record of punctuality.
- A Banquet Server must be able to provide own uniform items of black slacks, black shoes with black socks. Uniform Shirts will be provided
- Demonstrates helpfulness, and respectfulness, is approachable and team oriented, builds strong working relationships, diplomatic, and a positive work environment, is responsible, honest, resolves conflicts appropriately, and is flexible.
- Follows work directions as assigned by supervisors and managers
- Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes, excessive noises, and large commercial equipment. As an essential job function, worker is required to use cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.
Ability to stand for prolonged periods, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items. Physical agility critical to perform essential job functions. Lift up to 25 lbs pounds must have manual dexterity. Ability to work around hot equipment (stoves, grills, ovens).Working Conditions and Frequency of Occurrence
Extreme temperature changes
Hand and Finger Dexterity
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling
Up to 10 pounds
Up to 25 pounds
Up to 50 pounds
Over 50 pounds
5-10%VI. English Proficiency Requirements
Must be able to understand and communicate in English with adequate proficiency to follow directions from supervisor, read and understand safety guidelines and directions to prevent accidents or injuries from occurring, and communicate effectively with customers (staff, visitors, students) by listening and speaking clearly to them.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency