The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques, and systems.
The School of Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering department is seeking an Administrative Manager for the Center for Integrated Facility Engineering (CIFE), a research center within the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department (CEE). The Administrative Manager is a member of a small, collaborative team overseeing a dynamic organization that serves industry and is accountable for multiple missions (research, industry collaboration, and education and outreach). This role requires a self-starter who is detailed oriented and comfortable learning and using an array of web-based tools and platforms. This position is accountable for overall management and administrative leadership for CIFE.
Civil and Environmental Engineering Website: https://cee.stanford.eduJob Purpose
Administer, support, and manage programs or functions under general supervision. Your responsibilities will include:
Note: The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scoe of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.To be successful in this role, you will bring:Education & Experience
- Independently implement, administer and evaluate day-to-day activities of the unit, function or program by identifying and executing tasks and objectives, making recommendations that impact policies and programs, and assigning resources to achieve the goals of the program.
- Collect and analyze data, create reports, review and explain trends; formulate and evaluate alternative solutions and/or recommendations to achieve the goals of the program or function.
- Analyze and interpret policies; develop, revise and implement procedures for program or function.
- Represent the program or function as the key contact and subject matter expert within the department, unit or school. Commit resources and provide information and/or training. May also represent the program or function to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- Organize and/or participate in outreach activities that may include developing communications and training, planning/promoting events and/or conferences.
- May participate in development of budgets, monitor, and approve expenditures. May perform limited forecasting and provide recommendations that determine the budget.
- Sets annual budget in coordination with department financial managers; monitors, reports on and reconciles expenses, revenues, and transfers; supports center director in financial components of center's strategic planning. Create a proposed budget for the upcoming fiscal year in preparation for the Technical Advisory Committee. Initiates and monitors all financial transactions related to center purchases, reimbursements, and other expenses.
- Liaises and coordinates with industrial affiliates and other strategic partners as needed for stewardship or as directed by center director. Manage annual university affiliate program membership renewal, invoicing, and accounting; represent CIFE at university affiliate program meetings, twice a year.
- Coordinates personnel activity including academic, researcher, and student appointments; visa processing for visitors and researchers; hiring and informal oversight of hourly workers and student workers. Initiation and maintenance of postdoctoral scholar appointments.
- Coordinates travel for visitors and/or attendees at site-specific center seminars, conferences, and events.
- Organizes and operates meetings, conferences, seminars, and events; arranges with vendors for services; oversees the production and distribution of materials; administers program logistics; produces and/or manages event budgets. Creates and manages registration/fee payment processing for events as applicable.
- Maintains unit's website and takes initiative to improve or upgrade website as needed. Maintains CIFE's promotional materials, policy documents, publications, archives, etc.
- Manage annual seed research grant program funded by affiliates' membership payments. Coordinates details of solicitation/review/funding of seed research proposals; produces award documents in compliance with policy; coordinates with Engineering Research Administration and other business units to establish awards; monitors 0compliance of awards, submission of research reports, and distribution of funds.
- Coordinates maintenance and oversees use of the center's teaching and presentation space (iRoom) and equipment.
- May direct staff to perform various tasks and assignments. May also supervise staff.
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience. Preferred Qualifications
Six plus years of relevant work experience preferred.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and multi-task.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others, for jobs requiring supervision
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.Why Stanford is for You
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission are our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff members. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our 30Tculture30T and 30Tunique perks 30Tempower you with:
How to Apply
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in administration and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, follow-through, responsiveness, and flexibility.
Thank you for your interest!*Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
School of Engineering, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency