Georgia Southern - Savannah
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associates, bachelors, masters and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world. Department Information
0130115 - COB Office of Grad Programs Job Summary
The Staff Assistant will perform advanced secretarial and minor administrative duties. Responsibilities
Required Qualifications Educational Requirements
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Manages and tracks all departmental budget activity and fiscal transactions
- Performs administrative duties associated with departmental operations, including the following:
- Greeting and directing visitors, responding to telephone calls, emails, incoming and outgoing mail, and scheduling appointments
- Ordering and receiving supplies, paying invoices, and processing other expenditures
- Entering application-related information into our internal system for departmental use
- Provides student support services, including the following:
- Explaining the steps needed to complete each Parker graduate program
- Registering graduate students for their classes
- Monitoring academic standing and maintaining student records
- Provides direct administrative support to the Director, including the following:
- Scheduling departmental course offerings each semester
- Maintaining course rotations and instructor scheduling for the master's programs
- Ensuring the Parker graduate website and Eagle MBA folio course is accurate and current
- Manages the college Graduate Assistantship program
- High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Qualifications Additional Preferred Qualifications
- One or more years of related work experience
Preferred Educational QualificationsPreferred Experience
- Familiarity with University System software such as OneUSG, Banner, DegreeWorks, Business Objects, and the D2L learning management system
- Three or more years of related work experience
$12.26 - $15.00 per hour Required Documents to Attach
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and secure information sensitive in nature
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
Apply Before Date
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational (detail orientation), and human relations (including demonstrated commitment to customer service-centered work ethic) skills
July 30, 2021 Contact Information
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by e-mail at [email protected]
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected]
. Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request. Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947. Other Information
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to sit or work at a terminal or workstation for lengthy periods throughout the day
Standard Other Information
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=230282&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency