CRM FUNCTIONAL ANALYST II,IS&T Applications Tracking Code4137 Job Description
The Functional Analyst II is a member of the Boston University's Information Services and Technology team who is responsible for analyzing business/functional requirements, design & technical specs management, functional design, journey mapping, feasibility analysis, prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing, training, defining support procedures and supporting implementations to support Marketing goals (growth, engagement, brand consistency, or loyalty) that shall enable Boston University's academic, administrative and ancillary processes. The Functional Analyst II is a professional role that will work simultaneously on multiple projects and efforts. They will author, edit, and maintain a variety of documents including service level documentation, business, and functional requirements, agile stories and acceptance criteria, user acceptance test plans, user documentation, training materials, knowledge articles, and standard operational process & procedure documents. This individual should have knowledge of the system development life cycle. They will attend and may conduct discovery sessions with internal clients, take on light Project Management duties for the small client and operational projects. This position will share responsibility for support and documentation of Marketing and Communications functionality currently enabling university processes including development projects, operational maintenance such as upgrades, with the other members of the team. An ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, and have the capacity to absorb new information quickly. This position offers an opportunity to work in all stages of the software development life cycle, as a member of a dynamic and energetic team.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field
- 3-5 years of experience with Functional Analysis work preferred. Candidates with hybrid agile roles of analysis and Scrum master are accepted
- Experience doing business and functional analysis work and producing documentation as required. Should be able to understand and translate requirements and instructions back and forth between business clients and technical team members.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the overall software development lifecycle and enterprise integration frameworks
- Understanding of project management concepts and frameworks such as waterfall, Prince 2, Scrum, or agile development methodologies
- Experience with basic SharePoint functionality is a plus.
- Prior experience with ITIL or equivalent Service Management framework and ServiceNow is a plus
- Experience working on projects/issues of medium to high complexity
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in the following software packages:
- MS Word
- Visio and/or LucidChart
- Possesses the ability to multi-task and switch priorities. Deadline driven with little oversight
- Team player; professionalism and self-confidence
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular