: Business OfficeLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Jul 19, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 06034Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Binghamton University is seeking candidates for a full time position of Accounting Manager for the Business Office. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for supervising account and ledger reconciliations, monitoring journal transfers for accuracy and consistency, system maintenance, overseeing the University Revenue Accounting System (URAS), and reporting required financial data to SUNY. Strong reconciliation and problem solving skills are a must. The Accounting Manager will be expected to work well across a diverse population, to interact collegially, and to maintain the highest standard of integrity and ethical behavior. The ideal candidate possesses flexibility, strong interpersonal skills and a quality education in accounting/finance.
- Supervise two staff members.
- Review account reconciliations, related adjustments, and investigate and resolve variances.
- Extract, analyze, and validate data from the Banner and SUNY financial systems and develop ad hoc reports.
- Monitor Banner detail code activity and its impact in the general and subsidiary ledgers, and troubleshoot accounting errors.
- Evaluate revenue and expenditure journal entries.
- Participate in process data testing as new financial system functionality is released.
- Advise end users regarding making account deposits within campus policy and understanding account activity using Business intelligence.
- Oversee the preparation of financial reporting schedules including the campus trial balance, accounts receivable aging reports, allowance for doubtful accounts, and historical accounts receivable trending reports.
- Analyze research grant expenditure activity on a monthly basis and distribute reimbursement funds to the associated accounts.
- Provide accounting support for off-cycle reporting by reviewing financial information, interpreting data, and assembling backup documentation.
- Provide eCommerce support including creation and modification of marketplace sites.
- Support campus segregation controls.
- Assist with SUNY Chart of Accounts Maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting, finance, or related field
- 2-3 years of accounting or related experience
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, use initiative, follow through, and complete tasks in a timely manner
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: 08/02/2021
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.