DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
Student Enrollment Operations and Compliance
Director of Information Technology Services (Information Technology Director)
Position #741121 – Requisition # 22160* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *Student Enrollment Operations and Compliance has an opening for a full time University Staff (unclassified) Director of Information Technology Services position.
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City. CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family develop, maintain, and support computer systems, software and networks. Functions include enterprise operations, distributed computing, academic computing, research computing, computer hardware and software management, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development, database administration, server administration, website management, programming, desktop support, and help desk operations.Directors are responsible for the ongoing leadership and oversight of a department, including the development of strategies and processes which contribute to the University and/or campus mission and accountability for services provided. Directors are responsible and accountable for the analysis of fiscal and human resources required to achieve department objectives including hiring, compensation, termination, and performance management of subordinate employees. Nature of Work:
The Director of Information Technology Services will lead and direct the department of IT Services within the Student Enrollment Operations and Compliance (SEOC) division and will support all IT Service initiatives for all of Strategic Enrollment and Student Success at CU Denver and CU Anschutz Medical Campus. This is a new department that will begin small, but is expected to expand, with additional time and resources allocated. SEOC comprises the Offices of the Registrar at Denver and Anschutz Medical Campus, Financial Aid and Scholarships Offices at Denver and Anschutz Medical Campus, Undergraduate Admissions Non-recruiting Operations, Digital Strategies and Communications, and Lynx Central, our one-stop service unit for students. Functions within the unit will include, but not be limited to: computer hardware and software inventory/installation/maintenance, business analysis, IT project management, enterprise operations support, system security access and maintenance, and system administration for the units within SEOC. Areas of responsibility for those functions will include, but not be limited to supervision of professional IT staff, budgeting, supporting the identification of IT solutions via business strategic process design and analysis, software implementations, project management of software implementations, IT policy creation/socializing/implementation, oversight and direction of security access for all student-facing technologies, and service as the subject matter expert for all IT matters for SEOC and Strategic Enrollment and Student Success. This role will be required to develop IT strategies that support enrollment and student success outcomes and initiatives.Examples of Work:
- Supervise full-time IT personnel to include hiring, performance evaluations, coaching, and mentoring.
- Maintain the Division budget as it pertains to information technology to include forecasting IT needs, tracking spending, and reconciling the IT budget lines.
- Serve as a liaison for all staff between the CU System University Information Services (UIS) and CU Denver | Anschutz Office of Information Technology (OIT).
- Create, socialize, and implement Division and Department-wide policies related to information technology.
- Develop IT strategies that support enrollment and student success outcomes and initiatives.
- Oversee the hardware inventory of approximately 70 staff members to include purchasing, tracking, replacement schedules, and troubleshooting issues.
- Oversee the software licensing purchases and renewals for approximately 70 staff members.
- Assist all units in Strategic Enrollment and Student Success (approximately 300 staff members) with all software application implementations to includes supporting the identification of software solutions, implementation steps, liaise with CU System University Information Services (UIS) and the CU Denver I Anschutz Office of Information Technology (OIT).
- Lead all software implementations for Student Enrollment Operations and Compliance to include the identification of technology solutions for presented challenges, support of procurement of the purchase of solutions, guiding implementation steps, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Lead all student information system and ancillary student system security access role approvals, maintenance, and oversight.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Salary and Benefits:
The hiring rate for this position has been established at $108,886. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above hiring rate represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
* Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, management/computer information systems, computer engineering, business analysis, information technology, or equivalent experience. Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific experience.
- 5-7 years experience leading information technology initiatives working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in leading IT initiatives within a higher education setting.
- 5 years of experience building and managing IT infrastructure, systems and services.
- 5 years of supervisory experience, including: experience building, developing, and leading teams
- Experience creating strategy and working across boundaries to improve identity and access management and security.
- Experience working with multiple types of information technologies including but not limited to PeopleSoft.
Diversity and Equity:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Proficiency in balancing multiple, competing tasks with a track record of on-time delivery
- Ability to make independent decisions and solve a full range of issues that are impacted by university policies, and state and federal regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to generate and implement direction for the assigned area and ensure alignment with the department, Student Enrollment Operations and Compliance, and university strategic goals.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Job Category:
Information TechnologyPrimary Location:
Jul 19, 2021Unposting Date: