Employment Status:Part time (Up to 28 Hrs)
Type of Employment:Part Time Non-Student
# of openings:1
Proposed Salary Range:$13.66 per hour
Please note: All postings close at 12 A.M. CST on the closing date. A-State participates in E-Verify.
Arkansas State University Online Services is seeking a part-time Career Coach to provide professional advising for online students. The Career Coach supports the A-State Online Services (AOS) Success Center by providing training and support for students preparing to apply for jobs and internships. The career coach works as a member of A-State Online and works under the direction of the AOS Success Center Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coach and prep students individually and in groups on job/internship search strategies
- helping students clarify career interests
- compose strong personal branding, and present themselves professionally
- Assist students with resumes, cover letters, interview preparation, internships, etc.
- Conduct mock interviews and critique application materials
- Assist with planning and coordinating online career-related events
- Administrative duties, including entering and updating student data and meeting information, collecting and tracking and organizing student information/documents
- Other Duties as assigned.
Strong candidates will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, work independently and in teams, and possess a student-centered philosophy.
Evening and weekend work may be required.
Regular and Reliable attendance.
Please note: All postings close at 12 A.M. CST on the closing date.
- Bachelor's degree Required
COVER LETTER and Resume/CV are required and should be included with the online application.
- Master’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in Higher Ed or HR
- Demonstrate the highest commitment to student’s career success
- Experience using Zoom and Google Suite
- Ability to make immediate, powerful connections with students
- Ability to work and collaborate with a diverse population of students
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of best practices in online education
E-Verify Participation Notice:
E-Verify Right to Work: