Residency Program Coord 1 Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications Associate's degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years' of recent and relevant work experience.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Organizational skills, communication skills, computer skills (MS Office), telephone etiquette.
- Ability to learn PeopleSoft, multi- task, and work independently.
- Excellent customer service and time management skills.
Preferred Qualifications Experience in a dental office or practice; experience with Axium software; experience with Banner software; advanced formal education beyond Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in business and accountingResponsibilities To provide direct assistance to the Program Director in coordinating all aspects of the GPR and other departmental advance dental programs program as needed, Including facilitating and streamlining procedures for the residents and staff. Must exercise judgment in decisions regarding priorities and establishing efficient work practices. Manage and support program personnel through administrative support In maintaining departmental databases. Records. Files and compilation of reports. Also manages residency program and faculty budgets. Knowledge of the formal and informal GPRIAEGD program goals, standards, policies and procedures which Include some familiarity of other Departments within the college. Sensitive to the interrelationships of both people and functions within the department. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and oversee the dally activities and operations of the GPR programs to ensure completed work meets required time lines and standards of quality and quantity. Ensure the time keeping and effort reporting is being done by residents and faculty in all the respective campus systems, as well as track leave of residents.
- Establishes the schedule of program office activities. Prioritizes program-related tasks. and ensures that the Program Directors are aware of important deadlines related to program activities, including managing the Directors' calendars and appointments, compose correspondence, reports, manuals, preparing teaching material, making travel or meeting arrangements and travel expense reimbursements for residents and Faculty. Serve as a Raison between Program Directors and residents, second year and chief residents, between residents and faculty, and between Program Directors and institutional personnel. Coordinate program activities from beginning of resident tenure to the completion of their tenure.
- Generate quarterly program schedules. Enter and maintain postgraduate academic grades, registrations and curriculum Inventory in Banner. Manage departmental file and academic records for residency programs. Prepare reports for CODA, ADA Survey and Annual Report. Prepare clinic schedule for the GPR and other departmental advance dental programs. Schedule clinical faculty for coverage in clinic. Coordinate w/other departments to set up rotations for each resident in the GPR Residency Programs, along with Pharmacy Rotations schedule from the University of Georgia. Schedule and coordinate ACLS training for faculty and residents along with Axium training. Correspond with business management to provide billing training for residents.
- Identify requests that should be addressed immediately and those that are less urgent. Maintaining flexibility Is Important. As priorities can change on a daily basis. Track the ongoing activities of the program office and to maintain accurate and easily retrievable records of resident training, certification, conference attendance, and resident evaluation and review. Communication skills are a necessity. The myriad of tasks to be completed and the number of organizations and agencies requesting information requires a highly developed ability to prioritize.
- Participates In departmental projects. Setting priorities to achieve departmental goals. Initiates actions which improve the efficiency of work. Reduce cost, and/or Improve the quality of service. Implement and monitor a referral tracking systems of patients being referred to the GPR clinic working within and outside of Axium for correspondence to referring physicians. Create and monitor an Implant placement database system to track Implants being done yearly by the GPR and other departmental advance dental programs.
- Prepare reports which summarize financial and statistical information related to the program budget. Accounts, activities, and operations. Advise management of unusual funding levels and expenditures; Compile information to support projected expenditures In specific areas such as operating costs or travel costs.
- Nearly all of the activities in some way facilitate the program accreditation process, maintaining accreditation is an extremely Important event for every program. To be in compliance, a program must not only function according to the requirements, but must supply accurate Information and statistical data about the program. Preparation for accreditation site visits Is a major undertaking, this position reviews the program information, prepares a list of needed information, the source of that Information, and schedules dates for completion.This position will also arrange the day of the site visit, usually after receiving Instructions from the site visitor.
- It should be noted that preparation for impending site visit can be minimized considerably if the coordinator regularly reviews and updates the required forms, preferably annually. Continually maintaining up-to-date information alleviates much of the stress of preparing for a scheduled site visit.The Residency Program Coordinator I is often the first person a prospective resident applicant communicates with when requesting information about the programs and greets the applicants on the day of the Interviews. Coordinates schedules for the residency program applicant interview dates. Assist in screening applications from the preliminary evaluation of the applicants and in verifying the statistics used for the final reports. Develops any and all materials used by faculty during interview of applicants. Send thank·you letters to all candidates within three working days of interview. Send out top prospects list to faculty.
- Correspond and schedule vendors and speakers coming to speak with residents every Wednesday for "Lunch and learn training sessions, assist the speaker or vendor with set up of catering and use of the seminar room and audio visual equipment. Coordinate Wednesday lectures to be given by faculty members of the program with world renowned lecturers.
- All other duties as assigned.
To provide direct assistance to the Program Director in coordinating all aspects of the GPR and other departmental advance dental programs program as needed, Including facilitating and streamlining procedures for the residents and staff. Must exercise judgment in decisions regarding priorities and establishing efficient work practices. Manage and support program personnel through administrative support In maintaining departmental databases. Records. Files and compilation of reports. Also manages residency program and faculty budgets. Knowledge of the formal and informal GPRIAEGD program goals, standards, policies and procedures which Include some familiarity of other
Departments within the college. Sensitive to the interrelationships of both people and functions within the department. The duties include, but are not limited to:
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-FPay Grade: 13Salary: $16.19/hr Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 7/19/2021 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University/ AU Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. “Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success.”Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.