Posting #: 3816
Position Status: Full-time regular
Location: San Diego
Position Type: Administrator, Human Resources
Position Title & Department:
Manager, Analysts Team (#RD-0319); University Description:
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
Manager, Analysts Team (#RD-0319)
San Diego, CA
Manage analyst team responsible for ongoing support and enhancement requests of all Enterprise software that advances organizational mission and vision. Provide leadership and collaboration in areas of planning, designing, implementing, and supporting technology solutions that meet business needs of the University. Pro-actively manage, troubleshoot, and take ownership of system production issues and interface with business users to understand customer needs in order to address organizational challenges providing a high-level of customer service leadership and communication. Responsible for developing and leading team of business analysts which will be actively involved in providing technical support, gathering requirements, testing technical solutions, and training. Team will partner with development and other teams to leverage progressive technologies, create and improve team standards and processes, and update existing protocols to arrive at a sustainable application portfolio. Serve as member of Enterprise Applications (EA) leadership team, ensuring best practices, change management and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) procedures are continuously improved and enforced to ensure the quality, stability and maintainability of the Enterprise systems environment.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field.
● 6 years of progressive experience in information systems or project leadership in information systems.
● Work experience to include:
1) 5 years of experience independently diagnosing and resolving technical problems;
2) 2 years of experience in a higher educational environment;
3) 2 years of experience developing and implementing strategies and work plans for providing Integrated ERP technology solutions;
4) 2 years of experience in a vendor supported ERP product environment;
5) Implementing and supporting ERP systems in a production environment; 6) Handling and supporting patches and upgrades;
7) Use of relational database and SQL experience in an Oracle or Windows environment; and
8) Communicating technical systems information to both technical staff and non-technical users.
Any and all experience may be gained concurrently.
Full-time position (37.5 hrs/wk).
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
How to Apply
Please apply by mailing your resume to:
University of San Diego
Attn: HR Dept., Job #RD-0319
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Advertised: July 19, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled