We are looking for someone who loves all things data, loves a challenge and is looking for a dynamic and highly rewarding position at a nationally respected University. Is this you?
Our Ideal candidates, like you, will help Miami University to continue to take big steps forward with our data analytic environment that is unifying multiple successful data-driven business intelligence and data analysis efforts across campus. This is a chance to help guide Miami’s data-driven future.
As the Business Intelligence ETL Data Developer and a member of our team, reporting to the Director of the Business Intelligence Center, you will have great opportunities to grow technically and professionally in multiple data driven disciplines.
• As an important member of our agile team you will build, create, or improve solutions that help analysts transform data into knowledge.
• Under guidance, develop ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes in support of client programs.
• Work with essential players to develop custom Business Intelligence (BI) solutions for the University.
• Assist with the development of end-user training and training materials.
• Work in partnership with the university offices to optimize use of data driven solutions, including the development of stories and test cases.
• Assist team members with providing tiered support to client offices.
• Document BI application deployments and services.
• Work with clients to improve University processes and to learn client business and tasks.
Require a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field earned by date of hire.
We are looking for you to have basic knowledge and be able to work under instruction in:
• PL/SQL and SQL programming
• Relational database architectures at enterprise scale. Environments such as SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, or Redshift.
• Enterprise business intelligence and data analytics technologies, such as Oracle OBIEE, MS Power BI, Tableau, Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB), and Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
• Industry standard data models such as Kimball’s dimensional model
• Analytical tools available in cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, and GCP.
• As a member of a team using Agile development techniques (Scrum or Kanban)
This position is available to persons who are authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.)
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.