Administrative Associate🔍Dean of Research, Stanford, California, United States
📁Administration📅Sep 20, 2021 Post Date📅90453 Requisition #SCHOOL/UNIT DESCRIPTION:
The Wu Tsai Neurosciences Institute is a dynamic and rapidly growing institute within the Office of the Vice Provost and Dean of Research (VPDoR) at Stanford University. The Wu Tsai Neurosciences Institute is dedicated to understanding how the brain gives rise to mental life and behavior, both in health and in disease. Our research community draws from and informs multiple disciplines, including neuroscience, medicine, engineering, psychology, education and law. The discoveries that arise from these collaborations will transform our understanding of the human brain, provide novel treatments for brain disorders, and promote brain health throughout the lifespan.
Neuroscience is at an inflection point in its history. New technologies are transforming scientists’ abilities to explore the brain — yielding more detailed images of its cells, more accurate measurements of its activity, and more precise ability to mimic its functions than ever before. With these new approaches have come astounding new insights about the exquisite complexity of the brain.
The Wu Tsai Neurosciences Institute is at the forefront of this exploration. Our VPDoR Diversity Journey:
- We create a hub of innovation through the power of diversity of disciplines and people.
- We provide equitable access and opportunity to all members of the community in order to do their best work, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We listen to and value all colleagues who bring diverse perspectives to the advancement and development of a respectful community.
- We promote a culture of belonging, equity, and safety.
- We embed these values in excellence of education, research, and operation.
The Wu Tsai Neurosciences Institute is seeking an Administrative Associate 2 to provide administrative and operational support for institute staff and programs. Reporting to the Wu Tsai Neuro Project Manager, this position also supports the Director for Planning and Operations and other management staff. The Administrative Associate 2 will support the community building and grantmaking efforts of the institute. This includes, but is not limited to, office administration, complex calendaring for a variety of partners, drafting institute communications, website editing, and processing of routine financial transactions. This position may require other administrative duties not listed above.
The ideal candidate is a friendly, proactive, and dependable with strong interpersonal and communication skills. This is a busy position at times requiring a high level of professionalism, productivity, accuracy, organization, multi-tasking, independence, sound judgment, and decision-making. The position requires a motivated person with a positive attitude and a passion for customer service and supporting others to manage a wide variety of tasks in a fast-paced academic environment. CORE DUTIES:
Respond to inquiries and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.Book routine travel and accommodations for institute visitors.Draft and/or generate routine communications including emails and website content; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, reports, brochures, and displays. Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies. Manage room reservations for meetings and events.Initiate, process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.Maintain approved content on websites.May perform human resources transactional support, e.g. time cards, I9s, and/or faculty affairs support.May guide and train student and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness. The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience:
High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications. Experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook/Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, Zoom meeting and conference management, Drupal preferred.
- Previous experience with complex calendaring.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects with short- and long-term end dates.
- Ability to task switch and manage interruptions.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to proofread written communications and apply style and formatting guidelines to documents.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job. WORK STANDARDS:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
Why Stanford is for You
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture
and unique perks
empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Additional Information
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 90453