Student Services Coordinator 🔍School of Humanities and Sciences, Stanford, California, United States
📁Administration📅Jul 19, 2021 Post Date📅90451 Requisition #Student Services Coordinator
Job Code Title: Administrative Associate 2Job Code: 4102Schedule: Full-timeEmployee Status: RegularExemption: Non-exemptGrade: E Note: The job duties listed do not include all unique aspects of the job. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department and program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. Stanford University
is one of the world's most renowned universities. The Department of Economics
, one of the 23 departments in the School of Humanities and Sciences
, is a national leader in economics. The department’s central missions are to train students at the undergraduate and graduate level in the methods and ideas of modern economics, and to conduct both basic and applied research in economics that pushes forward the frontier of knowledge in the field. With 40+ faculty, 4 lecturers, 125+ graduate students and post-doctoral fellows, 200+ undergraduates, and 12 staff, the Department is breaking new ground in pioneering research that analyses and proposes solutions to some of the biggest challenges in society today. Stanford Department of Economics is seeking a Student Services Coordinator to provide complex administrative and operational support to the graduate and undergraduate programs. Reporting to the Student Services Manager, this position is critical to the success of the department's Academic Office. You will work as part of a team in a fast-paced academic environment, supporting a diverse group of people, and perform a broad range of simultaneous duties with frequently shifting priorities. You will also share in our commitment and investment in maintaining a positive, productive, and inclusive work culture. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is interested in a career in Student Services. The ideal candidate is a personable, proactive, creative, and dependable self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills. The position requires a motivated person with a passion for customer service. The successful candidate would be highly organized and resourceful, and have strong attention to details and problem-solving skills, and strong desire to continuously learn new and unfamiliar business topics, policies, and procedures. Please submit a cover letter with your résumé when applying for this position. In this role, you will:
For undergraduate student program:Set up teaching assistants' teaching sections and office hours.Prepare reading lists for summer quarter visiting faculty.Update and produce informational handouts for students.Assist with commencement activities.Coordinate room scheduling for meetings, events, and exams.Other core duties: Assist with maintaining general undergraduate and graduate information on website.Collect and post course syllabi.Prepare library reserve lists.Place orders for course readers.Assist with departmental student activities and events.Respond to inquiries and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating seminars and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, and conference and seminar materials.Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed.May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives.To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- For graduate student program:
- Assist with graduate admissions process.
- Coordinate logistics for summer math and programming boot camps.
- Organize orientation and produce orientation materials for 1st-year Ph.D. students.
- Collect teaching assistants' evaluations.
- Support flyouts of perspective graduate students.
- Process visa applications for Visiting Student Researchers.
- Process paperwork for existing and incoming pre-doctoral students.
Why Stanford is for You
- High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
Other duties may also be assigned, not all unique aspects of this job are covered by this job posting. A full job description will be shared during the interview process. Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
Final offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and, where applicable, driving record.Additional Information
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 90451