Job ID: 230582
The Department of Restorative Sciences is seeking full-time faculty for predoctoral didactic, preclinical, and clinical learning in restorative dentistry, prosthodontics, and associated areas. Participation in Dental College of Georgia (DCG) Restorative Sciences advanced education programs including Prosthodontics, Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program (AEGD) and General Practice Residency (GPR) may be expected consistent with candidate experience, credentials, and the department mission. The ideal candidate has advanced restorative, advanced operative, or Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) advanced prosthodontics training, including American Board of Prosthodontics Certification or progress toward Board Certification, as qualified. Participation in the DCG intramural faculty practice is available. Salary, academic rank, and tenure status are commensurate with qualifications and experience. The position reports to the Chair of the Department of Restorative Sciences and works collaboratively with faculty within the department and across the College. Review https://www.augusta.edu/dentalmedicine/academics/departments/restorative/ for department information. The faculty member who fills this position will demonstrate professional behaviors that promote a positive, productive and caring environment for all DCG faculty, staff, residents, student, and patients.
Contribute to curriculum maintenance and innovation. Support didactic and clinical learning for students, faculty, and peers in didactic, laboratory, and/or clinical settings using best practices and best evidence. Develop, administer, and provide informal/formal student performance assessment. Actively serve as an effective clinician-educator as measured by quantitative and qualitative assessments.
1. Contribute and support learning in pre-doctoral lab courses, and/or pre-/post-doctoral clinics and/or classroom instruction, and receiving above-average student, resident, and peer evaluations.
2. Contribute as assigned the pre-doctoral program, inclusive of its curriculum, clinical competencies, and the preparation of students for the licensing board exam.
3. Contribute to curriculum maintenance and innovation. Support didactic and clinical learning using best evidence.
4. Contribute to the planning, development, and implementation of collaborative advanced technology curricula and clinical efforts.
5. Develop, administer, and provide informal/formal student performance assessments. Plan and provide student assessments. Participate in faculty peer review.
6. Contribute as assigned to advanced-education program directors and residents in Restorative Sciences and throughout the DCG.
7. Establish and maintain effective and productive professional interactions for predoctoral and advanced program successes.
US DDS/DMD degree from an accredited college or university (or foreign equivalent) and have an active unrestricted license in another state or be eligible for licensure by the Georgia Board of Dentistry.
Advanced Operative or CODA Advanced Prosthodontics training. American Board of Prosthodontics certification or progress toward board certification as qualified; Expertise in advanced technologies, digital workflow, including dental implants; prior experience in dental education and demonstrated ability to work productively in didactic and clinical educational environments; a history of publications; clinical experience.
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: 7/20/2021 - Until Filled
How To Apply
To be considered an applicant for this position, you must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
Interested candidates should send a current CV and letter of interest to:
Kent L. Knoernschild, DMD, MS, FACP
Professor and Thomas P. Hinman Endowed Chair
Department of Restorative Sciences
The Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University
1120 15th Street GC-4200
Augusta, GA 30912
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (706) 721- 8813
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.