Title: Specialist, New Student Orientation
Job no: 492944
Salary: $31,831 - $39,789
Job Summary: This position ensures the effective delivery of the College's student orientation programs. Through direct participation, independent
work, and administrative support functions, this role helps to organize, execute, and ensure the success of HACC's orientations for new students.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 4 years experience.*
*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Such as those listed above.
Hiring Range: $31,831 - $39,789
Job Specific Task List:
1. Coordinates events and provides logistical support, organization and structure, and on-site participation to ensure the success of new student orientation events at HACC's various locations; provides on-site leadership and runs orientation programs in the absence of the director or coordinator; participates in orientation programs at all HACC locations; regular travel to other campuses for orientation sessions, planning meetings, and collaboration with colleagues will be required; some evening and weekend hours may be required. - (Essential)
2. Carries out strategic outreach plans to communicate with new HACC students before and after orientation in order to bolster student success and preparedness; develops written and visual materials, collateral, and reports to support orientation activities; maintains College web pages that focus on new student orientation and the successful transition to college. - (Essential)
3. Deploys assessment tools and tracks orientation learning outcomes, gathering data and feedback to help the unit measure the effectiveness of the orientation and onboarding experiences offered to students; gathers data on a range of new student populations such as traditional-age students, dual enrollment, adult/non-traditional students, veterans, first-generation students, and others. - (Essential)
4. Works independently and effectively manages projects, demonstrating an ability to prioritize requests and organize the assigned workload. - (Essential)
5. Provides administrative support to the orientation unit staff by ordering supplies, tracking budget lines, interacting with students, answering phones, scheduling meetings, completing contracts, and reserving campus spaces. - (Essential)
6. Performs other duties as assigned - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
Additional Information: If selected for interview, candidates will be asked to prepare a 5-10 minute presentation. Topic and details to be presented to candidates selected to interview.
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Oct 14, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time