Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeHours per week:
40Months per year:
003402NC Salary Grade Equivalency:
Administrative Support Associate - ContributingWorking Title:
Administrative Support Associate Salary Range:
$31,200Anticipate Hiring Range:
University College (Adm)Work Unit:
Disability ServicesWork Schedule:
Normal Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 8-5; some early mornings, nights, and weekends required. Primary Purpose of Position:
*Subject to change based on program needs and University decisions
The Admin Support Associate in the Office of Disability Services provides specialized support to students with disabilities at UNC Charlotte as follows: Minimum Education/Experience:
- Serves as the first point of contact, providing outstanding customer service for students, faculty, and staff
- Establishes a welcoming environment for a diverse population of students with a wide range of accommodation needs
- Acts as a productive member of the DS team, assisting with daily operations of a fast-paced office and a busy Test Center and providing back-up to support to the Test Center as needed
- Provides general clerical, office and administrative support for the daily operations of Disability Services.
- Monitors and orders office supplies through 49er Mart
- Mentors student staff, coordinating tasks and providing instructions
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and and high levels of confidentiality, discretion, and security in order to respectfully manage and maintain student personal information, Test Center information, and disability documentation.
Required Minimum Qualifications: Essential Job Duties:
Graduation from high school; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
University Preferred Qualifications:
Graduation from high school, or completion of its equivalency, and one year of office/clerical work experience; or an equivalent combination of training/experience.
UNC Charlotte’s Office of Disability Services seeks an Administrative Support Associate for the front reception area. The Administrative Support Associate provides front desk administrative and reception coverage and coordination for the Office of Disability Services, a fast-paced, student-centered environment. This position is the first point of contact for visitors to the office and answers phones, schedules appointments, and responds to frequently asked questions and department email. This position coordinates the detailed front desk work flow for the Disability Services Test Center, a busy 25+ seat center, daily and during final exams. Coordinating the Test Center workflow includes keeping daily detailed information regarding test administration, helping to ensure tests are labeled correctly for filing, disbursement, and test return, and coordinating tasks for the student work staff. This position also coordinates the work flow for text conversion and alternative texts. It is essential that the Administrative Support Associate be able to work during final exams, a period that includes Saturday exams and alternate work hours.Other Work Responsibilities:
• Maintains approved social media postings Departmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
• Helps ensure front desk manual and related standard operating procedures stay current
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Candidate will ideally have an associate’s degree, as some experience in a college environment is helpful Work Location:
• Two years of experience in office, business and/or program administration
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Experience using a variety of office equipment – computer, scanner, copier, fax
• Strong organizational skills, as attention to detail with accuracy is essential
• Proficient in MS Office/Google environment and comfortable learning an enterprise data management system
• Experience working with a diverse population highly valued
• Experience mentoring student staff a plus
• Experience with social media promotion
Disability ServicesPosting date:
08/01/2021Proposed Hire Date:
09/16/2021Special Notes to Applicants:
Required “Other document” – Please include the name, email address, and phone number for three (3) professional references with your application.
Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application.
- Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
- These documents will be used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and professional experience.