Postdoctoral Fellow - Job Opening 229771
How to Apply
Please go to https://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/university/ to search for position 229771 and submit an application to be considered for this position.
Ph.D. or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
A training position designed to learn through engagement in an advanced level of scientific technical and administrative work in support of research efforts in an assigned laboratory or research setting. Participate in research data collection and documentation within relevant guidelines and protocols; develop and evaluate new research techniques and procedures; publish results in scientific journals. Perform a variety of complex chemical, biological, cytologic, microscopic, histologic, surgical, statistical/computational and dissection procedures to study the role of non-coding RNAs in ischemic vascular biology.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research and analyze results of experiments and procedures using manual or computer techniques and, if necessary, develop special computer programs to facilitate qualitative and quantitative analysis. Teach and participate in complex macro- and micro-serological, histologic, and cell culture procedures.
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines.
- Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature; summarize and evaluate findings; develop derivative applications of applications of techniques developed by own research activities or reported by other research projects. Present findings at scientific meetings locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; Review articles prepared by others.
- Advise principal investigators, other PostDocs, students, and other research personnel on research techniques, procedures and other technological aspects of research activities.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, repair and operate microscopes, computer-linked analytical equipment, dedicated computers and other complex scientific equipment; instruct others in operation of equipment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Shift: Days/M-F, Work outside of the normal business hours may be required
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate.
Recruitment Period: Until Filled
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.