Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department:
Financial Aid Call Center Primary Location:
Staff Job Type:
Full Time Position Close Date:
Until Filled Description:
Job Summary: The Enrollment Support Representative assists students and University constituents primarily by phone and email with enrollment related needs as it pertains to Financial Aid and Bursar Office functions. The job duties are performed in a fast-paced call center environment. The call center is one of the main points of contact for the university. The incumbent must be flexible, adaptable to changes and able to work effectively in a fast-paced, customer driven environment.
- Provide direct customer assistance to prospective and current students with information about Financial Aid and Bursar Office processes.
- Instructs students in correct procedures for completing financial aid forms and applications, special requirements and restrictions, and supporting documentation.
- Understand current Financial Aid and Bursar policies and procedures and how they impact the student enrollment process.
- Convey accurate information to callers as it relates to financial aid application and payment deadlines.
- Analyze and determine statuses of applications and forms.
- Respond in a timely manner to inquiries and issues regarding financial aid and student accounts through email and the Ring Central software.
- Answer high-volume, multiline phone system while offering excellent customer service consistently and professionally.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Education/Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned to ensure efficient operations of the Division of Enrollment Management
Knowledge Required By the Position:
- Proficiency with computers and computer applications including Microsoft Office, position specific applications, and email.
- General knowledge of current institution state and federal regulations pertaining to the collection, maintenance, and release of information.
- Knowledge of student information systems used in higher education such as Banner, Campus Logic, or comparable software.
- Effective communication (verbal and written), human relations, and organizational skills.
- Exceptional skills in customer service, problem solving, and public relations
- Demonstrated commitment to student service and success and ability to provide service for individuals as well as diverse enrollment groups.
- Demonstrated mathematical aptitude and strong attention to details.
Supervisory Controls: The Financial Aid Director assigns work in terms of general instructions. The position will be supervised by the Assistant Financial Aid Director to ensure compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
Guidelines: Guidelines include the ability to answer questions and diffuse customer grievances via phone and email. The incumbent will utilize available resources to provide optimal customer service interaction.
Complexity/Scope of Work:
- The work consists of general to specific information relayed to students/parents regarding financial aid file processing and student payment information.
- The purpose of this position is to provide assistance to students in matters pertaining to financial aid and bursar office procedures, processes, and other enrollment services as needed.
- Success in this position contributes to the effectiveness of the college’s overall mission.
- Contacts are typically with students, parents, co-workers, and other university stake holders.
- Contact is typically to provide services; to give or exchange information; and to resolve problems.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The work is typically performed will sitting at a desk or table in a call center environment
Supervisory and Management Responsibility: None
- Ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of a high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having a similar position for one to two years.
- One or more years of previous office experience
- Experience in a high-volume call center
- This position is non-exempt (bi-weekly paid).
- Salary grade 10.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018314 Enrollment Support Representative I - 7.19.2021”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidatesStaff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D