OFFICE SUPPORT ASSISTANT IV Location:
Columbia Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
OFFICE SUPPORT ASSISTANT IV
Department of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences
School of Health Professions
University of Missouri - Columbia
Job Description Summary:
Provide faculty and student support for the teaching mission of the Department of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences and receive cross-training to provide backup support for the MU Speech & Hearing Clinic.
- Student Support: Responsible for student credentialing and vetting process; track and maintain list for office of Clinical Education. Maintain master list of student clinical assignments to ensure appropriate distribution of clinical experiences across semesters.
- Student Records-Clinical Training: Serve as one of the administrators in CALIPSO (online recordkeeping/documentation system) which includes: adding new students to the site, generating new supervisor PINs, creating new supervisor emails for the Outplacement Coordinator to send, updating Site and Semester Lists and updating student progress (e.g., successful completion of coursework) each semester.
- Student Academic Records: Maintain current and permanent student advising files. Update and maintain electronic student lists. Obtain and enter data needed to complete various annual surveys (e.g., CAA annual report, ASHA education survey, ASAHP survey, etc.). Will be part of the effort to update electronic recordkeeping to improve efficiency. Record completion of paperwork required for graduation and submitting it to the Office of Graduate Studies through ImageNow. Help process paperwork for licensure and certification (e.g., obtaining SHP Seal, notarization, mailing/faxing/emailing paperwork).
- Undergraduate Admissions: Serve as the initial point of contact for undergraduate inquiries (via phone calls and MU SLHS email). Update the undergraduate (BHS) application as needed. Collect and process BHS applications (including creation of the spreadsheet used in the application review process). Create and send emails to notify each student of the outcome of his/her application. Create advising folders for newly admitted students. Add newly admitted students to electronic student list(s).
- Graduate Admissions: Serve as the program’s primary contact for applicants in CSDCAS (CSD Centralized Application Service). Serve as the initial point of contact (and beyond) for graduate admissions questions (via phone calls and MU SLHS email). Help to edit and update information regarding admissions on SLHS web pages. Prepare applications for review. Create spreadsheet of applicants for initial review and weeding. Download and post applications for full faculty review. Create file folders for newly admitted students. Help plan and carry out annual open houses in early November and early April.
- Program Evaluations: Send out surveys on a routine basis. Maintain student lists and track completion of surveys by graduating class. Help to edit and update catalogs via CourseLeaf.
- Accreditation: Help with tasks associated with the annual maintenance of accreditation. Help as needed with the reaccreditation application process and preparation for the related site visit (every seven years).
- MyZou: Access myZou to obtain necessary information for the maintenance of student records/list and admissions processes, particularly at the graduate level. Help to maintain the schedule of courses in myZou. Generate permission numbers. Access myZou to obtain necessary information for the maintenance of student records/lists and admissions processes, particularly at the undergraduate level.
- Teaching Evaluations: Prepare and process end of semester teaching evaluations; assembling packets, typing student comments, taking them to be processed. Distributing to professors and filing a copy for the department, entering departmental mean course evaluation scores into spreadsheet for future reference.
- Clinic: Provide back-up support to the department’s clinical activities, as needed.
- Webpage: Assist the SLHS Communications Committee by helping with updates to the webpage and social media, as directed. Assist with development of summer intensive camp flyers.
- Other job-related duties as necessary and job development
Salary Range: $13.27 - $22.73
Grade: GGS 006
University Title: Office Support Assistant IV
Internal applicants can determine their current grade and university title by accessing the Job Information page through the Additional Employee Info tile in myHR.
Monday – Friday, 6 hours per day, flexible
High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 5 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
Completed online application, cover letter, and resume.
Applications should be submitted on-line through the University of Missouri website: https://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/staff (search for Job Opening 37642).
Applications will be reviewed until well-qualified applicants are identified to advance to the interview process.
The MU School of Health Professions (SHP) is the University of Missouri system’s only school of health professions and the state’s only public health program located on a health sciences campus. Its mission is to improve the health and well-being of others. Every day, SHP faculty, staff, and students work towards changing lives through the integration of teaching, service and discovery. https://healthprofessions.missouri.edu/about/
With programs in rehabilitation, diagnostic and imaging sciences, public health. and social work, graduates of the School of Health Professions fill critical roles in health care. The school is comprised of seven departments and 13 disciplines, each with their own specialized accreditation processes. The school also hosts a satellite program of the University of Missouri-Kansas City College of Pharmacy.
Health professions account for more than 60 percent of the total U.S. health care workforce. Jobs in health professions are projected to grow at least through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The school is an important member of the University of Missouri Health System. Other members include the Sinclair School of Nursing, the School of Medicine, University Hospitals and Clinics and University Physicians.
Columbia Missouri Information
Columbia, Mo., is known as an ideal college town, combining small-town comforts, community spirit and low cost of living with big-city culture, activities and resources. Home to nationally renowned public schools and other colleges and educational centers, Columbia is packed with restaurants and entertainment venues and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: