Posting Number: :
0001089Job Title: :
Part-Time Workforce Maintenance TechnicianPS Position#: :
00000920Position Status: :
Workforce & Community DevelopmentJob Summary/Basic Function: :
Provide technical support to the Center for Workforce and Community Development for training labs, equipment, software, and computers for non-credit courses and programs. This position can be fast-paced at times and requires excellent time management, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. This position requires regular interaction with a diverse range of students and business partners.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications: :
- Prepare lab equipment for class use – ensure equipment is operational and classrooms or other training spaces are in satisfactory, repaired, and stocked with the necessary materials and tools.
- Perform functionality tests on tools and equipment as necessary.
- Organize, store, file, and maintain software, equipment, and tool documentation.
- Manage inventory of tools and equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment and software in Center’s workforce labs.
- Perform routine inventory, maintenance, and repairs of Center tools, equipment, supplies, software, and networks.
- Perform necessary cleaning of items or locations using standard custodial equipment and/or powered equipment.
- Assist in marketing events by setting up and configuring equipment, demonstrating equipment, and talking to potential students.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a safe work environment, and respond according to established protocols to emergency situations. Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Adhere to Center standards for customer service.
- Undertake administrative tasks as requested.
- Travel within the Lee College service area as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Work schedule is not to exceed 19.5 hours per week. This is a security sensitive position.
Preferred Qualifications: :
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Two (2) years of experience as technician or technician helper, including documented self-employment experience
- Self-starter and the ability to complete assignments within the required timeframe
- Strong technical skills
- Detail-oriented, ability to multitask, and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with diverse populations, groups, and teams
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- Act with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to climb ladders of less than twenty (20) feet
- Must be able to lift and move boxes/items up to forty (40) pounds
- Must be able to travel within the Lee College service area
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed
- Instrumentation/Electrical certification
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications including E-mail, Internet, Word, and Excel
Main Campus - Baytown, TXPosting Date::
07/01/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.) In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application. Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.