Posting Number: :
0001087Job Title: :
Telecommunications TechnicianPS Position#: :
00000335Position Status: :
Starting salary range of $35,079 - $39,272 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, B23. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and related work experience.Classification: :
Information Technology (IT)Job Summary/Basic Function: :
Install, relocate telephone, network cabling, and related equipment. Keep track of and run monthly telephone billing for all departments on campus. Communicate with outside vendors on needs of the telecommunication area, for example, Verizon, ATT long distance, etc. Responsible for troubleshooting network and telephone problems for classrooms and faculty/staff offices. Install and maintain emergency notifications system, smart classroom equipment, and camera equipment.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Install phone, Smart Classroom, video, and network cabling.
- Maintain job-related equipment, tools, and vehicle.
- Maintain VoIP phone system, voicemail, and billing system.
- Troubleshoot problems with network, phone, security cameras, and wireless access points.
- Work with other departments to plan moves, adds, and changes.
- Assist Desktop Support Technicians and Network Operations Manager in resolving network-related problems.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for resolving work requests quickly and ensure all communication systems are correct.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This is a security-sensitive position.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position. Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications: :
- Associate’s (or higher) degree or successful completion of sixty (60) college credit hours
- Experience with Cisco VOIP programming, adds, and changes
- Experience with PBX and VoIP programming, voice mail programming, and billing software knowledge
- Experience with network and voice cabling, fiber optics, and phone system operation basics.
- Able to work on ladders, scaffolding, and other tall structures
- Effective communications skills; ability to discuss problems with customers and ensure quick and proper trouble diagnosis to correct problem in least amount of time
- Ability to stoop, bend, climb ladders, pull wire, kneel, and crawl to make repairs, adjust, and/or install equipment
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed to ensure least interference with students and staff
Main Campus - Baytown, TXPosting Date::
07/16/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.