Student Tuition Services Associate Requisition Number:
Reporting to the Manager, Student Tuition Services, the Student Tuition Services Associate performs a wide variety of services related to supporting the department’s tuition payment plan functions, and collection efforts. This position assists students in paying past due balances, responds to basic inquiries submitted through the department’s dedicated email and voicemail accounts, and assists students with basic web-based transactions related to tuition payments and collections efforts.Specific Responsibilities:
• Update and disseminate information to students and staff concerning the Tuition Payment Plan each term.Minimum Qualifications:
• Daily verification of student enrollments in the College’s Tuition Payment Plan.
• Generate the daily payment plan comparison report for export to Excel and perform necessary
adjustments to student accounts to ensure accurate billing.
• Generate reports and reconcile student accounts to assess and apply late fees as necessary.
• Generate the daily ARGOS hold report to verify holds on student accounts are accurate and
make adjustments as necessary.
• Support the in-house collections process for past due accounts; prepare student statements
when requested from third-party collection agencies.
• Provide assistance to students in the payment of past due balances by responding to basic
questions; such as confirming the amount of the balance due, what term the balance is
from and instructions on how to pay the balance due, including payment in full or how to enroll
in the in-house payment plan option.
• Post agency payments in CRC and create daily reconciliation reports for the Controller’s Office.
• Prepare the monthly aging analysis for the College’s Tuition Payment Plan.
• Serve as the initial point of contact and information resource for student tuition related issues;
respond to inquiries and requests; ensure that students receive accurate information and
· Assist students in web-based transactions; including but not limited to online payment of current and past due balances, online enrollment in the tuition payment plan, how to view balance statements online, etc.
· Process forms, documents, requests, and other correspondences according to College policies and procedures.
· Respond to the scholarship email and voicemail boxes, as needed.
· Schedule scholarship committee meetings, as needed.
· Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
· Adhere to FERPA regulations as they pertain to maintaining the security and confidentiality of all student records, as well as maintain the confidentiality of other documents on behalf of the work area and the College.
· Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of the College.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma, or GED equivalent, required. Associates’ Degree preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor. Preferred Qualifications:
• Five (5) years of relevant experience required
• Demonstrated professionalism and strong customer service skills required.
• Experience using an enterprise-wide system required.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and MS Excel required.
• Ability to perform job duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision required.
• Ability to meet deadlines and respond well to rapidly changing priorities required.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external constituents
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment,
inclusive of students, staff, and faculty of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and
• Associates’ Degree preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.Work Location:
• Previous work experience using Banner by Ellucian preferred.
• Experience using ARGOS reporting preferred.
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Required Testing:Salary Grade or Rank:
* Interested persons should complete an online application. * Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED. * Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL. Review of applications will commence on August 3, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
$17.60 - $22.51Job Posting Open Date:
07/06/2021Type of Position:
ClassifiedEmployment Status :