CCAC Navigator (Reg FT)
Enrollment Management DivisionCampus
: College-wideAdditional Information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than August 2, 2021. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. Benefits:
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.Salary Grade:
Admin 11 - $39,096Job Category:
Regular Full-TimeJob Slot:
5940Job Open Date:
7/19/2021Job Close Date: General Summary:
Provide support, assistance and education to students to help them navigate and utilize supports and resources internally and externally from the college with the goal of improving academic performance, term to term retention, and graduation rates. Requirements:
Requires bachelor's degree in Social Work (master's preferred) or related field and two years social work/case management experience in various environments; experience with students in a post-secondary education institution (preferred). Successful candidates must have strong written and oral communication skills as well as a valid Pennsylvania driver's license and reliable transportation.Duties:
- Ask. Listen. Solve.
- Identify students whose academic success is at risk due to an essential/basic need that is not being met. Help identified students to navigate the various community and college resources to assist with those needs.
- Implement proactive measures to help identify students whose basic needs are not being met and help those students with resources. This includes collaborating with DHS (Department of Human Services) to identify students as they enroll, as well as education and promotion with campus partners, faculty, administrators and outside agencies. Develop, promote and facilitate educational sessions to inform students of services available.
- Collaborate with college administrators to ensure that students are supported in a comprehensive and holistic fashion. Refer students to internal college services and guide them through campus policies and processes as needed (ex. Counseling Services, Advising, Supportive Services, Success Coaches, Learning Services, Career Education, etc).
- Maintain comprehensive case management records and communication strategies that ensures follow-up, evaluation, and feedback to students and key stakeholders for each case. Provide accurate records of interactions with all students and data for internal and external compliance requirements.
- Utilize partnership with DHS to identify DHS clients who enroll or may benefit from enrolling at CCAC to support student success and retention. Be a conduit to identifying student needs and facilitating interactions which will result in improved student outcomes. This includes identifying trends in student needs and development of strategies to proactively address them in the future.
- Initiate and maintain contact with identified students, including regularly-scheduled group and individual meetings, maintaining communication on reporting data to the Enrollment Management Division.
- Serve as a liaison with campus and community stakeholders, providers and agencies. This includes attending training, meetings and informational meetings with community agencies and campus departments to stay up to date on resources that are available to students. Maintain regular communication with key partner agencies.
- Serve on Campus CARE teams and assist with intervention as needed.
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities as well as college meetings and committees.
- Submit reports and serve on relevant committees as required or requested.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=882
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency