Research Finance Specialist
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford University is seeking a Research Administrator 1 to work under guidance to manage the proposal preparation and/or post award activities on less complex sponsored projects, such as federal grants, foundation grants, and simple industrial contracts.Duties include:
*- The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Assist in the preparation of routine proposals within parameters of sponsored and non-sponsored research guidelines. Coordinate and communicate submission process, both paper and electronic; review documents for completeness and compliance.
- Develop, prepare, and finalize project budgets, and provide budget justification
- Serve as liaison and active partner between principal investigators, Office of Sponsored Research, research groups, and other departments; respond to sponsor inquiries.
- Collaborate with Office of Sponsored Research to ensure awards are set up properly, including cost-sharing awards if applicable.
- Review and understand the terms and conditions of sponsored projects administered, including linked/footnoted terms and conditions not provided in hard copy or electronic copy.
- Initiate expenditures; monitor post award spending and commitment activity. Review and certify monthly expenditure statements, and facilitate quarterly review by principal investigators.
- Download and monitor reports supporting project status, and use forecasting and decision aides under guidance.
- Participate in contract closeout process and audit inquiries; submit final reports and certificates.
- Coordinate and organize events, such as conferences, meetings, site visits, or sponsor reviews, related to sponsored projects as needed.
- Participate in and contribute to process improvements and group projects.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Degree or experience in accounting, finance or related
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and one year of job related experience, or combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Ability to learn and stay updated about university and government policies (FAR, Cost Accounting Standards, Office of Management and Budget circulars, sponsored guidelines, etc.) to properly administer sponsored projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of terminology, such as compliance, title, sub-contractor, consultant, audit, and accounting review.
- Willingness and ability to understand and interpret university policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills; demonstrated expertise in Excel and web-based tools.
- Strong accounting skills; knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to complete Cardinal Curriculum I and II while in position.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently, but also to seek assistance when needed.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Cardinal Curriculum I and II must be completed to remain in this position.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING STANDARDS:
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly, use fine manipulation and perform desk-based computer tasks, lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing up to ten pounds.
- Occasionally stand, walk, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, write by hand and sort and file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing 11-20 pounds.
Why Stanford is for you
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
*- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency