Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) invites applications for a full-time Campus Inclusion Outreach Coordinator to join our Student Affairs and Campus Inclusion team. Under the direction of the Vice President of Student Affairs and Campus Inclusion, the Campus Inclusion Outreach Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership, vision and oversight of the campus inclusion partnerships which foster an environment of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. The Coordinator will plan and present new partnership opportunities to internal and external stakeholders that align with the mission, vision, and strategic plan of the institution and the department.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with the VP of Student Affairs and Campus Inclusion and the Office of Admissions to maintain existing high school partnerships and develop new opportunities to support the diversity initiatives of the institution.
- Develop and facilitate presentations to seek new partnership opportunities with external constituencies to meet the diversity and inclusion goals of the university.
- Collaborate with the STEM Department to coordinate in-person and virtual events for administrators and students from partner high schools, to support the pipeline of marginalized populations with interest in STEM education.
- Align MSOE student professional and social organizations with the identified student outreach initiatives with partner high schools.
- Serve as the point-of-contact to All-In Milwaukee, by developing ongoing communication with staff and programming for student applicants.
- Maintain communication with University Advancement Office to support donor relations and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Serve as a member of the Faculty and Staff Diversity Council, including meetings, retreats, trainings, and volunteering to assist with other major diversity and inclusion events.
- Work with the VP of Student Affairs and Campus Inclusion to design and administer surveys to partner high schools to analyze the needs of teachers and students.
- Be collaborative and open to all individuals to provide an inviting and productive environment.
- Serve as a student advocate and must support the mission of Student Affairs and Campus Inclusion.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to partnership high schools and various locations for outreach programming.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, be highly organized with a strong attention to detail and enjoy working with people.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with internal departments and external partners.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Requires a BA/BS in Education or a related field, master’s degree preferred.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of higher education work experience.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbal and written, with people from diverse social, educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively prioritize among competing needs.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Possess strong presentation skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to effectively write professional emails and speak effectively to various stakeholders.
- Basic math skills are required for this position.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is largely sedentary, the ability to move and to lift boxes up to 50 lbs. is required. The employee is occasionally required to traverse within their work area as well as other areas on campus, as well as to and from and at partnership high schools.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment, including but not limited to computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
To apply to this position, please visit http://www.milwaukeejobs.com/apply/add/57468003
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of MSOE to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, marital status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all jobs at the University and to all the terms, benefits, and conditions of employment/enrollment.