DEPARTMENT: Office of Institutional Effectiveness
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Director of Institutional Effectiveness
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Main Campus, Fort Myers
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: The Director of Institutional Effectiveness is responsible for providing direction for the development, implementation, and management of institution-wide plans for Institutional Effectiveness. This will include leading and overseeing the process and implementation of institution-wide assessments, program reviews, compliance requirements at the state, regional, and federal levels. The Director will provide strategic leadership and expertise on assessment-related policies, practices, and activities, and accreditation. The position promotes a philosophy of continuous improvement and seeks to foster a culture of data-informed decision-making across the University. The Director of Institutional Assessment will be responsible for accreditation reporting and the development and maintenance of institutional structures to demonstrate Institutional Effectiveness and mission fulfillment. The annual salary is equivalent to $85,000.00 per year.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To promote the mission and support institutional goals of Hodges University.
- To adhere to all FERPA requirements to include maintenance of all department documents, discussions, and records.
- To provide the highest level of professionalism and customer service to all constituents
- To assist the Senior Vice President by managing the administrative, reporting and technical responsibilities related to the institutional effectiveness and research functions of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
- To manage the creation and analysis of assessment instruments and surveys conducted by the University.
- To collect and compile institutional data for official internal and external reporting.
- Ability to work independently as well as be part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience and prudence handling confidential information required.
- To accept and perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution with course work in Research and Statistics, Mathematics, Educational Research, Evaluation, Psychology, or a related field. Doctorate preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in the areas of strategic planning, assessment practices, evaluation, and regional accreditation procedures and processes.
- Working knowledge of regional accreditation standards and experience with the program and institutional evaluations by accrediting bodies. SACSCOC preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to evaluate and utilize data in planning and decision making and support continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the design, delivery, and assessment of programs and workshops to a wide range of participants.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to share assessment, best practices, and professional development knowledge with a variety of audiences.
About Hodges University
Live and work in paradise! Hodges University is located in sunny, Ft. Myers, Florida on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast. The region is home to over 1 million year-round residents who take advantage of entertainment options as diverse as shelling on Sanibel Island or Swamp Buggy Racing in Naples, Airboat rides in the Everglades or Art Shows on Fifth Avenue, Fine dining on cuisine from all over the world or fishing for your own fresh catch, world-class golfing or Warm Mineral Springs, the Ferry to Key West or the Edison/Ford Winter estates, and the REVS Institute for Automotive Research and Historical Study or the Rodeo in Arcadia. Our economy is among the more diversified in the state and our region continues to grow.
Hodges University is a dynamic, entrepreneurial institution of higher education that espouses the non-traditional, not just in the students we serve but, in the opportunities we leverage. We offer workforce focused certificates and degrees in areas such as clinical healthcare, business, law, psychology, and information technology. We are the region’s only federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HIS) and offer a robust English as a Second Language (ESL) program – on campus, online, and in satellite locations. All of our learning environments are TEC-enabled, which means, for the majority of classes, students can pick both how and when they go to class – in person, online, or virtual – each time the class meets!
If you would like to join our dedicated team of professionals focused on thinking critically and creatively to deliver educational programming and support designed to efficiently develop the workforce in Southwest Florida, applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to: http://hodges.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=129152
Hodges University is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under the law in its hiring practices. All offers of employment are conditioned on the successful completion of a background check and in some cases, a drug test.
Hodges Annual Security Report (Clery Act Information and Policy) and Crime Stats can be found at: https://pathways.hodges.edu/consumer-information/. The security report describes Hodges Annual Security Plan and the Crime Stats report lists the number and types of crimes committed on or near campus each year.
To the extent, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is applicable to me, I hereby consent to the processing of my Personal Data as defined by the GDPR for the purposes outlined and provided for in Hodges’ policies, as amended from time to time. I understand that in certain circumstances, I have the right to object to the processing of my Personal Data. I further understand that I have the right to request (1) access to my Personal Data; (2) rectification of mistakes or errors and/or erasure of my Personal Data; (3) that Hodges restrict processing of my Personal Data; and (4) that Hodges provide my Personal Data upon request in a portable format.