Medical Assistant (10/12 pay plan)
Unit 2 - CSUEU - Health Care Support, Probationary, Health Professionals, Full Time
Medical Assistant (10/12 pay plan)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary: $3,000 per month
Full classification Salary Range: $2,427 - $4,179 per month
- This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.
- This position is on a 10/12 Pay Plan which is equivalent to ten months of salary distributed over a 12-month period. The scheduled months off will be June and July.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here
Under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse and according to established protocol or direction of a physician, physician assistant, registered nurse, nurse practitioner, or other similar licensed professional, the Medical Assistant performs a variety of skilled and medical assistant duties and gives direct nursing care to students in the Student Health Center and performs related work as required.Key Qualifications
- Two years of experience as a Medical Assistant in an ambulatory care setting, urgent care or clinic environment strongly preferred
- Certified California Medical Assistant preferred
- Experience with electronic Medical record (EMR) systems preferred
- Working knowledge of daily clinic operations ranging from patient scheduling and reception to delivery of health care services and processing of paperwork
- Working knowledge of uses, application, and proper operation of various medical supplies and equipment used in performing the duties described above such as in preparing examining rooms, obtaining patient data, and assisting practitioners
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.Education and Experience
Deadline & Application Instructions
- High school diploma or equivalent or combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities
- Certificate of completion from an accredited and approved medical assisting program (through the Department of Education or Bureau of Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education within the Department of Consumer Affairs)
- Possesses a valid card for successfully completing a course in Basic Life Support
Applications received by July 16, 2021
will be given full consideration by the search committee. Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resume/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references. Fresno State
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Supplemental Information
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
To apply, visit https://careers.fresnostate.edu/en-us/job/499836/medical-assistant-1012-pay-plan
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency