PG190874EPInternal Recruitment :
Agribusiness Entrepreneurship Program LecturerAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with Experience.Work Schedule:
Varied Teaching ScheduleJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Ag & Resource EconomicsAbout the Department:
“Agriculture in today’s world is a business, whether it be processing and marketing agricultural products, farming, or supplying agricultural inputs. Consumers face a variety of choices that are impacted by policies and regulations, by micro and macro conditions affecting them, and by their individual circumstances and welfare. The Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics addresses important issues regarding the management of agricultural and related businesses, the functioning of agricultural markets, the protection and use of resources, the performance of government policies affecting agricultural and related industries, and the impacts of decisions made by consumers with respect to the purchase of food and fiber products.
ARE offers undergraduate major and minor programs in agricultural business management and a concentration in biological sciences business management within the agricultural business management program. At the graduate level, the department offers a Master of Science degree in agricultural economics, and a Ph.D. degree in economics. These instructional programs are enriched by faculty members with extension and research activities which contribute to the relevance and thoroughness of the teaching program.”Essential Job Duties:
- The Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics at North Carolina State University is seeking a 9-month non-tenure track Lecturer to take a lead role in the Department’s Agribusiness Entrepreneurship Program. The Agribusiness Entrepreneurship Program includes an undergraduate Minor in Agricultural Entrepreneurship and an Agribusiness Clinic in which students and faculty undertake entrepreneurship and other business projects sponsored by businesses and other institutions.
- This position will teach on a recurring 9-month term, August through May. The incumbent will teach six courses/sections per year, including ARE 270 (Entrepreneurship I), ARE 370 (Entrepreneurship II), ARE 470 (Entrepreneurship III), Entrepreneurship IV (which is currently offered as a special topic), as well as one or more of the following: ARE 321 (Agricultural Finance), ARE 412 (Advanced Agribusiness Marketing), ARE 404 (Advanced Agribusiness Management), and a course in Agricultural Sales that is currently offered as a special topic.
- The instructor will provide academic advising to students in the Agricultural Entrepreneurship Minor and to students in the Department’s Agricultural Business Management major. Opportunities for summer employment and grant collaborations are possible as are opportunities to work with teams in the Agribusiness Clinic. The instructor will be a member of the leadership team responsible for the management of the Agricultural Entrepreneurship Program.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Additional duties as assigned.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in an Entrepreneurship field, or related field.
- At least 5 years of Entrepreneurship experience.
- Demonstrated ability to teach is imperative.
- Must have the ability to communicate orally and in writing and the skill to be an effective teacher in the classroom or other public forums.
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- Doctorate degree in an Entrepreneurship field, or related field.
- 10+ years of Entrepreneurship experience.
- Prior teaching experience and agribusiness experience.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
03/26/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Filled.Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Applicant required documents: Cover Letter, CV, Contact Information for References
Non-Tenure-Track FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
9 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Medical EmergenciesIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
118001 - Ag & Resource EconomicsAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected]edu. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.