SHRA818PQuick Link for Internal Postings:
Visual Arts SpecialistCompetency Level:
Director of Creative Media #210832Department:
Office of Athletic ProgramsPosition Summary:
This position is on site at our Cullowhee campus.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required for this Position:
This is a time-limited, full-time position. Employment is contingent upon funding availability.
Western Carolina University is now accepting applications in the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics for the position of Director of Creative Media. WCU is a NCAA Division I university and a member of the Southern Conference.
The Director of Creative Media will be responsible for contributing to the creative video content strategy and producing/distributing digital content and creative video that support all sports, as well as other duties assigned by the Associate Athletics Director for External Affairs and Director of Athletics.
Manage the overall creative content strategy for WCU Athletics and;
· shoot and produce digital content that supports all sports with respect to social media, marketing, recruiting, ticket sales and attendance; scope of digital content production includes both shooting, editing and content distribution; ability to shoot still photography and utilize digital asset management platforms also is desirable, including file storage, meta-tagging, student-athlete content distribution and communications digital file distribution; · collaborate with athletic support staff and university marketing and communications staff; work in concert with the video operations staff to develop content for in-arena video boards, currently at the football stadium and within the Ramsey Center; · responsible for the management, vision, and philosophy for all Catamount Athletics social media platforms; · meet quick turnarounds to post high-quality videos on same day that events occur, as well between events for promotion and engagement; · provide insight to push department forward with emerging trends in social, digital media, as well as in-venue entertainment; ensure consistency in brand guidelines and messaging related to content and posting; goals include creating relevant and compelling content for various social media platforms that engages fans and encourages follower growth;· manage a full-time intern and help organize/manage a group of student workers from digital media and sport management departments to ensure all WCU athletic programs are highlighted appropriately; · work with campus MarCom department on providing additional resources and support for athletic creative media department;· complete projects that coincide with the overall strategy and philosophical goals of the department, in a timely manner; · perform other duties as assigned.
Candidate should be team-oriented, bring a positive attitude to the office and willing to work irregular hours and under a deadline. Demonstrate high levels of energy, creativity, and initiative.
Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Digital Media, Graphic Design or related field, with at least one (1) year of experience in Creative Media Services. Minimum Qualifications:
• Demonstrated experience in digital and creative media production
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Premiere, After effects, Photoshop, and Lightroom skills desired
• Extensive knowledge of and the ability to:
o Creatively strategize, shoot and produce digital content for multiple social medial and online media platforms to generate engagement and positively brand Catamount Athletics
o Photograph athletics competition/practice and other team events while utilizing digital asset management and content delivery systems.
o Work collaboratively with other external relations staff (e.g. marketing, video, development) on group projects, as well as coaches and student-athletes.
High school diploma or equivalency and two years of visual/graphic arts experience related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Digital Media, Graphic Design or related field, with at least one (1) year of experience in Creative Media Services/video creation. Anticipated Hiring Range:
· Demonstrated experience in digital and creative media production
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Premiere, After effects, Photoshop, and Lightroom skills desired
· Extensive knowledge of and the proven ability to:
o Creatively strategize, shoot and produce digital content for multiple social medial and online media platforms to generate engagement and positively brand Catamount Athletics o Photograph athletics competition/practice and other team events while utilizing digital asset management and content delivery systems. o Work collaboratively with other external relations staff (e.g. marketing, video, development) on group projects, as well as coaches and student-athletes.
Additional Preferences: Two years of sports experience in creative video content. Technological expertise in digital and creative content production, including motion graphics; strong knowledge of various social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Snapchat) as well as digital asset management (DAM) systems, certified drone pilot desired; considerable initiative, creativity, flexibility, efficiency, independence and love of sports.
$42,000 - $46,000Position Type:
Time-Limited Full-TimeNumber of Hours per Week:
40Number of Months per Year:
12Salary Band Range:
$27,761 - $63,744Open Date:
08/03/2021Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
This is a time-limited, full-time position. Employment is contingent upon funding availability.Background/E-Verify:
Applicants must apply online in order to be considered.
Please include a cover letter, resume, and a list of references (with complete contact information). Examples of work are recommended.
For questions or additional information, please contact Associate Athletic Director for External Affairs, Chad Gerrety at (828) 227-2767 or visit online at www.CatamountSports.com.
Applicants must upload a DD-214 if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
PLEASE COMPLETE ALL AREAS OF THE APPLICATION. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS MAY NOT BE GIVEN CONSIDERATION IN THE REVIEW PROCESS.
If no applicants apply, who meet the required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities/Competencies and Training and Experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Effective October 1, 2015 all new hires into positions subject to the State Human Resources Act (SHRA) will serve a 12 month probationary period as defined by the North Carolina Office of State Human Resources (OSHR).
For administrative purposes during the implementation of Career Banding this Journey level position is considered a Salary Grade 65.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Credential Verification:
Western Carolina University uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify. Proper documentation of identity and employability are required at the time of employment.
All new employees are required to have listed credentials/degrees verified within 30 days of employment. All new employees who will be teaching are required to provide official transcripts within 30 days of employment. Transcripts should be provided for the highest earned degree and/or the degree which is being used to satisfy credential/qualification requirements.AA/EOE:
Western Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; sex; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; national origin; age; disability; genetic information; political affiliation; National Guard or veteran status, consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and policies, and the policies of The University of North Carolina. Additionally, the University promotes the realization of equal employment opportunity for minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and veterans through its affirmative action program. University Safety:
Persons with disabilities requiring accommodations in the application and interview process please call (828) 227-7218 or email at [email protected]
The Western Carolina University Annual Safety Report is available online at University Annual Safety Report or in hard-copy by request at the office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, 227 HFR Administration Building, Cullowhee, NC 28723 (828-227-7147) or the Office of University Police, 111 Camp Annex, Cullowhee, NC 28723 (828-227-7301). The report, required of all universities participating in Title IV student financial aid programs, discusses crime statistics, procedures for reporting suspicious or criminal activity, security, police authority, crime prevention strategies, university policies on substance abuse and sexual offenses, workplace violence and fire safety.