Requisition Number:31806Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:FacultySchedule:Full-TimeDate Posted:16-Jul-2021 Close All
Job SummaryThe College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Colorado Boulder invites applications for the position of Visiting Scholar in Conservative Thought and Policy. We seek a highly visible individual who is deeply engaged in either the analytical scholarship or practice of conservative thought and policymaking, or both. Thus, applications will be welcome from the academic, policy, military, and media communities, among others. The term of the appointment is variable, with a minimum of two to a maximum of four semesters. The position begins in August 2022.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreThe mission of the Benson Center is to explore the culture, languages and ideas of the Western tradition, ranging from antiquity to modern society. The Center is especially concerned with the values that emerge from that tradition, and their ongoing role in the institutions of the United States. Integral to this mission is the Center’s commitment to fostering research, debate and dialogue on the fundamental issues of our time – moral, political and economic. Our aim is to promote a lively and balanced conversation that respects both conservative and liberal ideals, thus fostering the full diversity of political, economic and philosophical perspectives on the CU Boulder campus.What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- The Visiting Scholar will continue an open and vigorous dialogue on campus featuring the principles of conservatism in historical and contemporary contexts.
- The successful candidate will receive a senior professorial appointment, without tenure, in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Specific duties include teaching undergraduate courses, delivering public lectures, and organizing visiting speakers and events.
What You Should Know
- Faculty with previous University teaching experience will be hired as Visiting (rank) Professor.
What We Can Offer
- The compensation package is competitive, including relocation subsidy, dedicated budget, and administrative assistance.
- The hiring salary for this 100% position is $185,000 annually.
- This is a senior position intended for professionals who are advanced in their careers.
BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe Diverse. Be Inclusive. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Candidates are expected to have a PhD at the time of appointment.
What You Will Need
- Candidates are expected to be highly visible scholars who are deeply engaged in either the analytical scholarship or practice of conservative thinking and policymaking or both.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Diversity and Inclusion Statement
During the application process you will need to enter contact information for three references and we will request letters of recommendation and additional materials, if needed, as the search progresses.
Full consideration will be given to all applicants received by September 8, 2021.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
. Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Lily WelchPosting Contact Email: [email protected]