Requisition Number:32063Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:University StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:25-Jul-2021Date Posted:16-Jul-2021 Close All
Job SummaryThe Office of Admissions at CU Boulder
encourages applications for a Graduate Recruiter!
This position is responsible for representing the University of Colorado Boulder to various constituents including prospective students, industry leaders and community leaders. This position will develop relationships and execute strategies for prospective (post) graduate student recruitment from prospect to applicant. They will implement a strategic graduate recruitment plan as developed by the Assistant Directors and Associate Director of Graduate Recruitment. The Graduate Recruiter will develop and deploy a wide range of a recruitment strategies including, but not limited to, virtual information sessions for prospective students, social media campaigns, and off campus engagement opportunities (when in-person interactions become advisable), such as graduate recruitment fairs.
This position requires developing and managing relationships with graduate departments/programs to understand their enrollment goals and develop clear lines of communication, particularly as they relate to admissions procedures. As such, they will work closely with a number of different staff and faculty members across different offices and departments to ensure tight-knit collaboration and communication between graduate programs and the Office of Admissions. The Graduate Recruiter will be encouraged to develop a robust understanding of various program admission requirements, faculty/departmental research highlights, academic and career pathways, as well as a broad understanding of campus-based resources for graduate students.
This position will work primarily with domestic prospective graduate students, but will also require significant knowledge to assist prospective international graduate students. The position will travel domestically and may need to conduct some international travel for recruitment of graduate students.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreAs one of only 36 U.S. public research institutions in the Association of American Universities (AAU), the University of Colorado Boulder is about realizing the positive impacts of new knowledge.
From offering dozens of exciting programs in a range of academic fields, to serving as one of the world’s most dynamic research and innovation hubs, to working closely through hundreds of public outreach efforts with communities across Colorado and the world, we take pride in helping our students, faculty, staff and partners turn new insights into productive outcomes that change lives.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeRecruitment and Outreach:
With a focus on the prospect to applicant pipeline responsibilities include:
Reporting and Analysis:
- Advise on key points of the graduate programs offered across campus, provide in-depth consultation to prospective students through the point of application, and provide ongoing and consistent contact management throughout the admissions process.
- Interact one-on-one with prospective students to counsel them regarding basic requirements for various degree options.
- Counsel prospective students on the best degree programs for the individual to achieve their educational and professional goals, assist with program comparisons and make customized recommendations to each student.
- Present to groups of prospective students in-person, virtually and via official university social media channels.
- Facilitate interaction between prospective students and departmental administrative staff and faculty.
- Catalog all recruitment interactions within CRM (Slate).
- Respond to inquiries via phone, email, LiveChat, etc.
- Develop and deploy off site recruitment activities (graduate school fairs, one on one meetings, virtual information sessions).
- Participate in recruitment activities alongside Graduate Student Ambassadors.
- Participate in professional organizations such as NAGAP and AACRAO.
- Supervise and report out on efficiency of recruitment and outreach strategies to the Graduate Recruitment team and Admissions leadership.
- Utilize data to make informed decisions on new strategies and tactics to engage prospective graduate students.
- Develop an understanding of key markets and benchmark competitor institutions.
- Work collaboratively with the team to develop effective recruitment and outreach initiatives (webinars, outreach types, call campaigns, attendance at recruitment fairs and conferences).
- Work with the other Graduate Recruitment Team members with Strategic Marketing and Communication to develop digital and print recruitment strategies.
- Make recommendations on growth markets.
- Make recommendations on lead generation opportunities, including industry partnerships.
What We Can Offer
BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe Diverse. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.What We Require
- A Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience that can substitute.
- At least 1+ years of professional, job related experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Overnight, evening and weekend work is required.
What You Will Need
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group and large group situations to prospective students, industry leaders, faculty and staff.
- Ability to take initiative and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to cultivate positive relationships, collaborate effectively, and establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse populations, displaying high cross-cultural sensitivity and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to anticipate problems and use good judgment in developing solutions.
- Demonstrable track record to prioritize work and optimally manage multiple assignments concurrently in a fast-paced environment while maintaining adherence to deadlines.
- Effective technological abilities, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe and ability to learn CRM systems.
- Must work occasional evenings and weekends Must be willing to travel domestically with limited international travel a possibility.
- Participate in events alongside Graduate Student Ambassadors.
- Partner effectively with international graduate recruitment and fulfill duties as needed with international recruitment.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Master's degree or graduate course work in business, education or associated field.
- Familiarity with graduate education landscape.
- Admissions experience including direct responsibility for recruiting in a college or university setting.
- Proficiency with CRM systems (Slate).
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 25, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]