Job no: 501616
Work type: Full-time
Location: Bill J. Priest, District Office
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 (Some nights and weekends)
Career Connected Learning Assessment Manager
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 yr - $84,800 yr (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Dallas College is seeking an experienced, highly collaborative leader enhancing instructional quality, leadership excellence, diversity, equity and inclusion, and student success in a dynamic higher education environment. The Assessment Manager:
1. Manages team members focused on coordinating basic skills and job readiness assessment processes.
2. Serves as one of the primary points of contact for matters pertaining to career connected learning assessment process activity.
3. Work in a cross-functional team to ensure that assessment processes are aligned with state and federal guidelines.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Must be able to comply with Dallas College policies/procedures as well as applicable local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
· Ability to use independent judgement as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a diverse and transparent environment.
· Able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, work independently, and work within strict deadlines.
· Must have well developed skills in prioritizing, organization, decision-making, and time management.
· Must be flexible, self-motivated, and have strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrated leadership in a rapidly changing environment.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality as required.
· Effective communication skills to speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques, interacting with diverse audiences.
· Ability to think strategically and innovatively, creating realistic plans and workflows.
· The ability to stay abreast of contemporary trends and best practices in responsibility, incorporating new facts and ideas; open to change and apply creative thinking to develop solutions based on new methods and technologies.
· Must be able to use appropriate managerial skills to provide staff with the tools, resources, and materials necessary to meet the goals of the organization.
· Must be results oriented in addition to having strong cross-collaborative skills and the ability to interact with diverse, multicultural clients, stakeholders, and constituents, both internal and external to the College.
· Must have excellent leadership and customer service skills, management experience and the ability to motivate others.
· Knowledge of theory related to learning modalities and learning pedagogies.
· The ability to effectively aggregate and interpret data, apply mandated policies and procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Demonstrate an ability to work closely with professional organizations.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Three (3) years of K-12 and/or higher education teaching experience
· Experience with various digital platforms and database software
· Experience using excel and learning management systems
· Current and valid Texas driver’s license required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Manages team members focused on coordinating basic skills and job readiness assessment processes.
· Serves as one of the primary points of contact for matters pertaining to career connected learning assessment process activity.
· Collaborates across various workgroups to facilitate career connected learning assessment processes and maintain student assessment calendar.
· Create and read reports for administration and other stakeholders.
Reports to: Career Connected Learning Director of Program Experience
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Assigned work location may vary.
Advertised: 16 Jul 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 30 Jul 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time