Civil Service -Extra HelpClassification Title:
Extra Help - ServicesPosition's Functional Title:
Extra Help - Concession Attendant/Event AssistantPosition Summary:
This temporary position will support and assist the Center for Performing Arts (the Center) Concession Manager with a variety of event related duties, including event preparation, concessions operations, and mixology. The job includes setup and cleanup of concession and event areas and equipment. Minimum Qualifications:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Steadfast production while working a fluctuating and sometimes demanding schedule, including mandatory attendance at certain public events.
• Setup and cleanup of concession and event areas and equipment, including but not limited to:
o All equipment’s and counters must be cleaned and sanitized before and after each event.
o All products must be stocked correctly and be maintained throughout each event.
o All products must be checked and rotated properly in accordance to their expiration dates.
o All products must be checked periodically during event to ensure proper temperature for serving.
o Any liquid substance left over from the cooling of products must be drained in a proper fashion. Soda dispensary system must be checked before and after each event for any malfunctions or any need to refill.
o All inventories must be properly stored after each event to allow easy access in setting up for next event.
• Dispense food and beverages one transaction at a time including preparation, cost tally, and cash transaction with customer.
• Using basic math skills and be able to handle cash transactions in a fast pace environment.
• Responsible for a cash bank of over $200.00
• Inspect identification to ensure customer meets age requirements for alcohol consumption.
• Observe customer alcohol consumption and behavior to prohibit sales to intoxicated parties.
• Prepares event areas
o Bar set up
o Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Occasional heavy lifting up to 20 pounds particularly in concession stand duties and general endurance during certain weekend events.
• Age 21+ required. Preferred Qualifications:
• High school diploma
• One year in a cash handling position.
• Must be experienced in bartending and concession stand operations.
• Must be familiar with standard theatrical terms and practices.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Must be a quick, clever troubleshooter and able to work under strict deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Must be knowledgeable of all liquor dispensary laws.
• Knowledge of mixology.
• Knowledge necessary to properly check identification.
• Must have good basic math skills and be able to handle cash transactions in a fast pace environment.
• Must adhere to all the standards and ethics required by GSU and State of Illinois, including the Procurement Code.
• Must maintain friendly and efficient attitude with all public and coworkers.
Three years in cash handling position. Posting Date:
One year bartending experience.
Some experience in event planning.
07/16/2021Open Until Filled:
CS0522PType of Search:
ExternalQuicklink for Posting:
https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5989Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a temporary assignment which will end when funding or hours is exhausted. Employees in this position performs a variety of duties as assigned by their supervisor and outlined above. Pay rate is $12 – $14 per hour.