Civil ServiceClassification Title:
Culinary Worker lPosition's Functional Title:
Dishwasher and Culinary Worker lPosition Summary:
Governors State University Family Development Center is seeking to hire a Dishwasher/Culinary Worker.Minimum Qualifications:
Responsibilities and duties are as follows:
1. Clean and Disinfect all work areas following health dept. protocols and current COVID precautions.
2. Wash dishes using the 3-sink compartment and dishwasher.
3. Deliver, retrieve, break down, and prepare food carts prior to meals and after.
4. Comply with Food Restriction List and ensure food substitutions are safely prepared and distributed.
5. Prepare PM snack and AM breakfast for evening and next morning, prior to leaving for the day. 6. Maintain cleanliness of kitchen and dishes and food carts after all meals and snacks.
7. In the absence of the Culinary Worker ll or lll, prep foods per specified menu and time schedule for daily meals and possible classroom food experiences.
8. Attend required/requested CACFP, State Board of Health and/or Early Head Start training programs.
9. Assure that all procedures are in compliance with the State Board of Health regulations, CACFP guidelines, State of Illinois Child Care Regulations and Early Head Start regulations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must periodically lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employment is contingent upon a health and background clearance.
Starting Hourly Salary Range: $11.31 – $13.01. (This is a part-time (67%), non-unionized position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on education and experience exceeding the minimum qualifications).
REQUIRED: HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION (See “Special instructions to applicants” section below) Preferred Qualifications:
1. Resident of the state of Illinois.
2. High school diploma or equivalent.
3. Based on institutional standards, as required by the Illinois Department of Public Health, a Food Handler Training certification (from an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited trainer) may be required upon hire or a newly selected employee may be required to complete this training during an initial training period.
1. Able to read, write and do basic calculations; General knowledge of child development, nutrition, health and safety. Posting Date:
2. Able to pass and maintain Food Service Sanitation certification. 3. Food service experience.
07/26/2021Open Until Filled:
CS0521PType of Search:
ExternalQuicklink for Posting:
https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5986Special Instructions to Applicants:
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: Documentation confirming High School completion or equivalent.
2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details).
3: Cover Letter.
5: A list of three Professional References.
EXAMINATION DETAILS: This vacancy involves an in-person computerized exam. Please see the State Universities Civil Service System (SUCSS) website for additional details at www.sucss.illinois.gov .
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: Illinois residency is required.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS: Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources: 1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD215 2: National Guard – NGB22 Form 3: Discharge Orders 4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
**Note: Must be received by the closing date of this posting.