DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | Anschutz Medical CampusBusiness Services ProfessionalDepartment of Medicine / Division of HematologyPosition # 00786204 | Requisition #22132
The Division of Hematology, Blood Cancer, and BMT Program at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus has an opening for a full-time Business Services Professional. Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning, and general unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services, or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability, and responsibility in various areas, including academic, administrative, managerial, and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying, and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.This role's primary focus is to support the Division of Hematology's Medical Leadership through administrative duties and initiatives.Supervision Received
This position reports directly to the Division Administrator for HematologySupervision Exercised
This position does not have any supervisory duties.Examples of Work Performed (100%)
Make and support Travel arrangements, Providing financial, operational, and administrative support via being responsible for the preparation of monthly expense reports and uploading the information into the Concur system. This includes maintaining a back-up file of submitted reports and receipts Obtain a university procurement card/travel cardPrepare and/or proof reading and assisting in drafting and various types of correspondence, PowerPoint presentations, and reports, identifying typographical errors, inconsistencies, misspellings, tone issues, and discrepancies with other data sourcesCommunication on Behalf of (Sending out Divisional emails and communications from the Leadership Team)Additional tasks as assigned by the Division AdministratorSalary and Benefits
- Responsible for managing the Medical Director and members of Medical Leadership staff individual complex calendars, emails, meeting management (including taking minutes and creating the agenda) and schedules, out of office coordination
- Coordinate and staff executive-level standing meeting(s), to include compiling agendas, taking minutes, handling related correspondence and communications, ranging from individual emails and memos to campus-wide email distributions, or composing minutes for the official record
- Independently manage projects and assignments, and send reminders, schedule meetings to address issues, take initiative to implement processes to prevent compromised service or missed deadlines, develop efficient administrative service systems
- Provide event management and support for scheduled visits and activities by overseeing program logistics which include: scheduling facilities, such as class or conference rooms, by determining the eligibility of the event and group; plan events by writing specific orders and compiling operating expense data, arranging the logistics and equipment, selecting menus and caterers, designing decorations, scheduling the site, locating selected presenters, setting reservation deadlines, and making transportation and lodging arrangements for participants; create and sign correspondence without prior instructions where the content varies based on the nature of issue being addressed
- Greeting guests and transporting them on behalf of Medical Director and Medical Leadership
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $44,526.00 - $66,790.00The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty, and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position IS NOT
eligible for overtime compensation. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting, education, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- One (1) year of professional level experience providing executive-level support to multiple parties, preferably in a healthcare, policy, or higher education setting.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.Preferred Qualifications
- Two (2) years of professional-level administrative/business experience.
- Excellent computer skills. Proficient in Windows, MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- At least two (2) years of experience at an academic institution.
Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Outstanding customer service skills.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Ability to problem solve and multi-task. Ability to manage an office efficiently and effectively.Ability to establish priorities and meet competing deadlines.Strong computer/technology skills, including learning multiple web-design, document management, and data management systems.Strong interpersonal and human relations skills.Ability to work independently, identify and set priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)Ability to adapt to changing conditions, multitask, and to work under pressure and to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.Strong decision-making skills; able to demonstrate the ability to independently analyze and resolve complex problems via examination of established protocols.Detail-oriented and organized.Job Category:
Business ServicesPrimary Location:
Jul 16, 2021Unposting Date: