University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Section of Nephrology
Position #00785903– Requisition #22029
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Nephrology has an opening for a full-time Assistant Professor position. Nature of Work:
- The Renal Section of the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Colorado School of Medicine is seeking a 12th faculty member to provide inpatient, outpatient, and procedural clinical care services at Children’s Hospital Colorado, and to expand the depth and breadth of our research program within pediatric nephrology. This position will include individual responsibilities in the Clinical, Administrative, Research, and Educational domains of academic pediatric nephrology.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Position Emphasis:
The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research relevant to the field of pediatric nephrology, and disseminate new knowledge from these research efforts through presentations at local, regional, and national conferences, as well as publications.
- Secure grant funding in support of their research efforts.
- Provide bedside and didactic teaching to pediatric nephrology fellows, pediatric residents, and other learners.
- Provide medical patient care by interviewing, examining, and treating of clinical patients in order to meet their medical needs.
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute, chronic, and long-term health conditions. • Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic studies and tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Oversees mid-level medical staff as assigned as well as nursing clinical staff
- Maintains legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with regulatory standards.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Salary and Benefits:
The hiring rate (or budgeted rate)
for this position has been established at $160,000.The above salary rate represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the rate at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:Please contact [email protected]
for information on disability accommodationsOffice of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Pediatric Nephrology
- Current Colorado State Medical License and DEA certification; or ability to obtain a Colorado State Medical License and DEA certification before start date
- Minimum of 1 year of research experience after completion of fellowship training
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
- Doctor of Philosophy or similar scientific doctoral degree
- Previous success with research funding applications (through non-profit, foundation, industry, or federal granting agencies)
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience following completion of fellowship training program
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Job Category:
- Experience with presentation and publication of research findings
- Experience with preparation and submission of grant funding applications
Jul 16, 2021Unposting Date:
Jul 21, 2021, 11:59:00 PM