DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine/Department of Psychiatry/ARTSJob Title (Professional Childcare Services Lead)Position #672477 Requisition #22126
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.School of Medicine – Dept of Psychiatry - ARTS has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Professional Childcare Services Lead – ECE II position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Job Summary:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus seeks a full-time, University Staff (non-classified), Early Childhood Educator II (Infant Program Supervisor) to work in the Addiction Research and Treatment Services (ARTS) at Ft. Logan Campus in Southwest Denver. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.The Baby Haven Child Care Center located in Southwest Denver (Hampden and Federal) offers high quality childcare and early education for children ages 2 weeks through 5 years. The center is licensed, Colorado Shines level-5 rated, and an Early Head Start site. The center is open Monday through Friday from 7 am to 5:30 pm. Services are provided to children throughout the Denver Metro Area as well as to families associated with Addiction Research and Treatment Services.Examples of Work Performed:
This University Staff (non-classified) position will assist with providing direct childcare to young children (infants, toddlers and preschoolers) by:
- meeting children’s needs (cognitive, physical, social and emotional)
- providing an enriching, safe and clean learning environment for children
- following all agency, child care licensing and quality standards
- providing developmentally appropriate activities to children
- following curriculum guidelines
- providing consistent, positive and productive communication with all stake holders (children, families, team members, volunteers, service providers).
This position will oversee the center’s Infant Program and function as the Substitute Director when the Assistant Director and Center Director are out of the Center for more than 60% of the day.
For the Infant I, Infant II and Infant III rooms:
Function as Substitute Director when the Assistant Director and Director are not present in the building for at least 60% of the day
- Ensure that curriculum and assessment are implemented and used to fidelity.
- Provide guidance, leadership, and technical assistance to infant/toddler center staff.
- Conduct monthly infant rooms team meetings for group planning, and problem solving. Ensure preparation of agenda and transcribing of meeting minutes.
- Plan, organize, and oversee implementation of a curriculum and assessment.
- Ensure implementation of daily needs and service plans, developmentally appropriate lesson plan activities that are based on each child’s needs, strengths, and interests.
- In collaboration with center staff; coordinate the ordered arrangement, appearance, decor, and learning environment of the classrooms including housekeeping, planning, and preparation of classroom.
- Ensure completion of developmental and health screenings of all children according to established timelines or as indicated.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to program confidentiality policy.
- In conjunction with center staff, coordinate orientation of parents to program philosophy, policies and procedures
- Help with conflict resolution
- Complete and maintain appropriate documentation
- Ensure the Baby Haven program is in compliance with Colorado Childcare Rules and Regulations, Early Head Start and Colorado Shines regulations
Conditions of Employment:
- Coordinate staff schedules including breaks.
- Function as the point person for licensing, ARTS Management and other regulatory agencies.
- Be the primary contact for family or staff concerns that are immediate
- Be the primary contact to determine if staff or children should be sent home sick
Must agree to fingerprinting and criminal background check . Required background checks include a review with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) AND the Central Registry of Child Protection (Trails)Subject to pre-employment, post-accident or incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Addiction Research and Treatment Services Department Policies.In accordance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) , ARTS cannot employ individuals (who may have contact with residents) who have (1) engaged in sexual abuse in a prison, jail , lockup, community confinement facility, juvenile facility , or other Institution (as defined in 42 U.S. C . § 1997); (2) been convicted of engaging or attempting to engage in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, overt or implied threats of force, or coercion , or if the victim did not consent or was unable to consent or refuse; or (3) been civilly or administratively adjudicated to have engaged in the activity described in (1-3) of this section. Material omissions regarding such misconduct, or the provision of materially false information , shall be grounds for terminationMust be willing and able to work various shifts Monday-Friday 6:45 am – 5:45 pm.Must be willing and able to attend evening teacher in-services (minimum once a month)Must be willing and able to attend evening family partnerships as needed (minimum once a month)Must be willing and able to pass a medical examinationMust be willing and able to lift at least 35 pounds on a frequent basisMust be willing and able to walk, squat/kneel, sit on floor, lift and lower children into and out of cribs, see, hear, speak with children to ensure children’s health and safety PLEASE NOTE:
Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position begins at $31,608 -$38,166 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services
.Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Infant Program Supervisor qualified per current State of Colorado Childcare Licensing Rules and Regulations.
- Must have verifiable experience providing classroom care for infants in licensed childcare
- Able to proficiently use Microsoft products such as Word and Outlook. Must be proficient using computers including the internet and data entry into various on-line portals.
- Use of Creative Curriculum and/or Teaching Strategies Gold
- Experience in a licensed Colorado Shines rated or Early Head Start program
- Experience with data entry using Microsoft Office programs
- Use of Creative Curriculum and/or Teaching Strategies Gold
- Experience in a quality rated childcare program
- Experience providing services to low income families or at risk children with a focus on women’s issues (i.e. trauma; domestic violence; mental health treatment; substance use disorder; parenting and child development; barriers women experience in treatment such as childcare, employment, finding a job that pays enough to support their family; etc.)
Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Outstanding customer service skills.Attention to detailDemonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Ability to care for children and meet their needs in a calm, kind and compassionate manner.Knowledge of child development and age-appropriate expectations for young children 2 weeks through 5 years of ageAbility to stay calm in all situations and to respond to children in a calm, appropriate and reassuring mannerJob Category:
Administrative Support and RelatedPrimary Location:
Jul 16, 2021Unposting Date: