University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical CampusDepartment of Emergency MedicineProfessional Research Assistant/PRAPosition 00785740
– Requisition 21955
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America’s most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.Position Description
The Department of Emergency Medicine is seeking a highly motivated Professional Research Assistant for the “Hyperoxia in the Emergency Department Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke” (Hyperoxia in AIS) clinical trial. This research is focused on understanding the potential therapeutic role of supplemental oxygen for acute ischemic stroke. Additionally, the project will assess the underlying biological processes driving the response to stroke in men and women.Under the direction of Drs. Dylla and Ginde and the Project Coordinator, the PRA will be assigned various research assistant/coordination responsibilities on the Hyperoxia in AIS study. This position is ideal for individuals with an interest in stroke, neuro-critical care, and sex-based disparities. This position is grant dependent and is currently anticipated to be funded through August 2022.Duties and Responsibilities
Salary and Benefits
- Screen potential stroke patients for enrollment according to study protocols, as well as through coordination with other study staff.
- Initiate the consent process with assistance of other study staff.
- Initiate study interventions and facilitate serum sample collection consistent with study protocols
- Collect data via the electronic medical record consistent with study protocols.
- Perform in-person study neurological assessments (NIH Stroke Scale Assessment) consistent with study protocols and on-campus safety protocols.
- Perform follow-up structured telephone interviews consistent with study protocols.
- Enter data into web-based data entry system (REDCap).
- Follow Institutional Review Board protocols to ensure confidentiality and security of study-related data
- Collaborate with faculty investigators and research staff
- Complete other duties as required to meet project objectives
The salary range for this position has been established at $ 40,500 - $54,000.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
. University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
PRA2 level position:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years prior experience in research setting OR at least one year prior experience in research setting and Master’s degree in related field
- Experience in using computer-based tools (Microsoft suite)
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Desired Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Work experience in public health, medicine, nursing or allied health.
- Experience working with older adults
- Research coordination experience
- Database use (e.g., Excel, REDCap)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including over the phone
- Highly detail-oriented and organized in handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Experience working with a team of professionals
- Experience working independently with indirect supervision
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and web-based applicationsConfidence to ask for assistance when needed
Jul 16, 2021Unposting Date: