UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
Assistant Director of Special EventsDepartment:
UNT-Advancement - Gen-170000Job Location:
DentonFull Time/Part Time:
$45,000 - $50,000Department Summary:
University Advancement pursues the mission to promote the University of North Texas through inspiring the public to become involved with the growth and progress of the university. The division accomplishes this by establishing and continuing mutually beneficial relationships that result in donations of time and financial resources that support and empower the future leaders of our generations.Position Overview:
University Advancement is seeking to hire an Assistant Director of Special Events to join our team. Special Events is an integral part of the Development team. The Assistant Director of Special Events is responsible for cultivation of alumni, donors and friends. Emphasis is on successful implementation and coordination of University Advancement and Presidential events from start to finish. The Assistant Director’s priority is to provide assistance and support with planning, organizing and promoting events for the University as requested. This position proactively supports the mission of and serves as an ambassador for University Advancement and the University of North Texas.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree and two years of professional experience in marketing, fundraising, event planning, public relations, corporate account sales, or communications; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of the development field.Preferred Qualifications:
• Knowledge of accepted business practices and procedures.
• Ability to establish and maintain cordial, productive, and professional working relationships with internal and external contacts.
• Ability to manage time, personnel, financial, and physical resources effectively.
• Exceptional communications skills.
• Ability to master University policies and procedures and apply these in specific situations.
• Some knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles or ability quickly assimilate.
The ideal candidate will possess the following additional qualifications: Work Schedule:
* Exceptional attention to details and deadlines.
* Availability to work some evenings and/or weekends.
* Excellent communication and writing skills.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
* Demonstrate ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
* Strong organization and administrative skills.
* Strong internet, web and email skills.
* Strong computer skills, knowledgeable in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Outlook, Word and Excel.
* Experience using Microsoft Planner Boards and Teams.
* Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or Blackbaud NXT software a plus.
* Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) designation a plus.
* Successful candidate must be able to perform light lifting of chairs and tables if event set-ups need minor changes. Must be able to lift up to 15-20 pounds.
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm; some evenings and weekends required Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Development Support CoordPhysical Requirements:
Carrying, Cleaning, Driving, Kneeling, Lifting up to 25 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Ability to communicate, Talk or Hearo:
Assists the Director of Special Events in developing, planning, coordinating, implementing and reporting on University Advancement and Presidential events. Supports other fundraising and program events throughout the year.o:
Creates events, properly records and manages event RSVPs in Raiser’s Edge or Blackbaud NXT for University Advancement and college development events. Make daily updates and send weekly to Senior Staff and Development Officers. o:
Keeps accurate purchasing records and is responsible for monthly reports.o:
Enter contact reports on current and new relationships established with event attendees.o:
Organize event staff and volunteers. o:
Actively participate in event planning meetings.o:
Liaise with donors, alumni, senior staff, faculty, and other staff as needed for events.o:
Represent the university as a professional staff member at all times in attitude, dress and interaction.o:
Participate in and support any special project fundraising for university priorities as assigned by Senior Staff.o:
Create event briefings to be distributed to Senior Staff one week prior to event. Daily updates as needed up to day of event. o:
Manage relationships and coordinate with event vendors such as parking, catering, audio visual, setup, photographers, venues and designers. o:
Coordinate and strategize invitations lists for events. o:
Manage inventory of equipment and supplies to run events.o:
Create and maintain event checklists, event floor diagrams, schedules and budgets.Posting Number:
S2376PQuicklink for Posting: