UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Classification Title:
VP, Health PolicyPosting Title:
VP, Health PolicyDepartment:
HSC-Div of Rsrch & Innov-Gen-390020Job Location:
Fort WorthDepartment Summary:
The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth (HSC) is one of the nation’s distinguished graduate academic health science centers, dedicated to education, research, clinical care and community engagement. In the heart of Fort Worth’s Cultural District on a 33-acre campus, the HSC is located immediately adjacent to several museums (Amon Carter Museum of American Art, Kimbell Art Museum, Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, National Cowgirl Museum, and others) and the Will Rogers Coliseum. The HSC campus consists of 1.4 million square feet of facilities housing lecture halls, training rooms, patient care facilities and research labs. HSC is composed of Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, School of Health Professions, School of Public Health, College of Pharmacy, and the TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine.Salary Information:
Salary Commensurate with ExperiencePosition Summary:
The UNT Health Science Center (HSC) Vice President, Health Policy (VPHP) will be a high performing professional, with a significant background in health policy at the local, state and federal level. The VPHP will provide strategic guidance on local, state and federal policy issues as they impact the University with an emphasis on translating science, public health, and clinical experiences to high-impact policy. The VPHP shall be prepared to effectively work directly with internal, governmental and community leaders, as well as HSC cabinet members, faculty, staff, and students.
- Coordinate and grow HSC’s health policy influence by coordinating, mentoring, and training HSC faculty, staff and students on how to translate science to policy
- Serve and advise the President’s Cabinet, on a wide range of public health and policy issues;
- Manage and oversee operational and strategic functions as outlined by the President, and in coordination with the Provost and VP, Research.
- Work with the SVP, Advancement & Communications on increasing philanthropic, corporate and government revenue streams to fund HSC policy research
- Serve as a HSC brand ambassador with a focus on highlighting HSC policy expertise by publishing and seeking earned media opportunities in the public health / public policy arena
- Executive responsible for developing system wide strategy and roadmap for Medicare programs. Focus areas include: MSSP, MACRA, MU/ACI, CPC and other value-based programs initiated by CMS.
- Engage leaders from Physicians services, payer contracting, ACOs, Operations, marketing, clinical institutes, innovation, finance, regional teams, and shared services as required to develop and finalize strategy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Full understanding of regulatory guidelines & governance requirements. Serve as an expert on Regulatory provisions and related changes in Value Based payment policy.
- Strong understanding of the health policy landscape and the political environment in which those policies are developed, debated and implemented
- Connected within the healthcare industry across patient, provider and trade associations
- Meeting project delivery commitments – mission, scope, schedule, deliverable quality – and client expectations. This may include a direct or indirect QA role.
* Master’s degree required, plus at least 10 years’ experience in health policy, health outcomes and clinical operations Preferred Qualifications:
* Experience in successfully working with senior leadership who have demonstrated success in rapidly evolving public or private sector environments, with extensive familiarity with governmental processes
* Proven track record as a strategic senior leader in highly complex and rapidly evolving environments
* Strong background in public health, with an emphasis working on interdisciplinary teams with clinical backgrounds
* M.D. or D.O., Physical Requirements:
* 5 years’ experience as a practicing physician Background in population health, health outcomes research and/or chronic and infectious diseases a plus
* Expertise in Medicare Payment reform policies and demonstrated experience in implementing Medicare APMs such as MACRA/MIPS, CPC , PCF, MSSP, DC.
Lifting up to 10 pounds, Reaching, Sitting, Standing, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or Hear, Ability to communicateSecurity Sensitive:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Driving University Vehicle:
E044PQuicklink for Posting: