UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
Senior Administrative CoordinatorDepartment:
HSC-Ctr f/Diversity & Intn'l Progs-300220Job Location:
Fort WorthFull Time/Part Time:
An award from the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT) supports the HSC Scholars in Cancer Research Program. The overall goal of HSC Scholars in Cancer Research is to train talented scholars in basic, biomedical, clinical, population-based and translational research in cancer and health disparities. Scholars will learn skills in the state of the art facilities, supplemented with academic activities that broaden their scientific background and motivate them to incorporate their professional training in cancer prevention, detection and treatment. This integrated program will train undergraduate, pre-doctoral, doctoral, dual degree (DO/PhD) students and post-doctoral trainees over the next 5 years. The program is housed in the Center for Diversity and International Programs (CDIP) and directed by Dr. Jamboor Vishwanatha, Vice President and Regents Professor Position Overview:
The Senior Administrative Coordinator will assist the Principal Investigator (PI) and co-investigators in overall management of the project and reporting of the HSC Scholars in Cancer ResearchMinimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced written communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
BA/BS required with minimum of 2 years related experience. Ability to plan, lead and manage projects within deadlines. Excellent time-management skills, including attention to detail, ability to problem solve. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in multi-disciplinary settings, as part of a team or independently. Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Ability to analyze data and prepare presentations and publications. Ability to establish and maintain positive professional relationships with External and Internal Program staff and administration, faculty, staff and students across the campus and at other institutions.Work Schedule:
Monday – FridayDriving University Vehicle:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Senior Administrative CoordPhysical Requirements:
Carrying, Kneeling, Lifting up to 25 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or Hear, Ability to communicateo:
• The Senior Administrative Coordinator will assist the Principal Investigator (PI) and co-investigators in overall management of the project activities and reporting of the HSC Scholars in Cancer Research. o:
• She/he must be supportive of the project aims of diversifying the cancer research workforce and embrace working with minority serving and majority institutions.o:
• She/he will be responsible for local project administration, communication with the project teams, Faculty Research Support Team and Office of Sponsored Programs and CPRIT.o:
• She/he will also be developing recruitment material and participate in recruitment of potential applicants across Texas through Social Media, in-person visits and email. o:
• She/he will work with the HSC Marketing and CDIP teams to develop a website for the program and maintain the website content.o:
• She/he will be responsible for onboarding the participants and preparation of paperwork for stipends and tuition. o:
• She/he will be responsible for collection of data (applicant pool, matriculated students, graduates and alumni) for tracking and reporting purposes.o:
• She/he will work with CDIP personnel on the National Research Mentoring Network, Health Disparities and Diversity Training teams. o:
• She/he will work with the PI and program evaluator in preparing reports, documents and publications. o:
• She/he will oversee day-to-day project management, arrange student and mentor meetings, supervise records of data collection and database maintenance, as well as safeguard confidentiality of records. o:
• Arrange travel for program leaders and participants to regional and national conferences.o:
• Responsible for reports and monitoring budgets relating to the grant.Posting Number:
S2278PQuicklink for Posting: